• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sway bar idea?

mach9

TY 4 Stroke Master
Just was thinking crazy... :o|
I had my A-arms off a few weeks ago and should have tried it.
For us flatlanders.
Most don't like how the sway bar link hangs so low.
Has anyone looked closely at the sway bar and thought??
Why can't we take it out, flip it over and have the link go up instead of down.
A hole would need to be cut on the top side of the arm and a good check for shock movement / clearance etc.
Anyone else thought about this before?

I've never had any issues with it hanging low riding in deep powder, it might be better to have a more streamline set-up. Lots of work to most likely get the same performance.

I believe someone running the Iron Dog or Cain's Quest setup their sleds to have the sway bar between the a-arms.

Try a search and let me know if my re-memory is working at all.

sway bar

Chris at Schmidtbros is working on this idea right now. Get on line and get his # and give him a call if you are interested.

arteeex said:
I believe someone running the Iron Dog or Cain's Quest setup their sleds to have the sway bar between the a-arms.

Try a search and let me know if my re-memory is working at all.

Yep, the Iron Dog guys did this. Not sure what they did to do it though.

hey flat
please explain your find,your saying that the sled is BETTER without the sway????
doesn't it roll like a tumbleweed???

Next time I have my a-arms off.
I'm going to look real close at somethin for this.
Had them off 2 times in one year, at that rate I'll have them off 2 more times before next year.

Back