• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Synching Carbs

PAMikeC

Pro
Every since I got my sled it would stumble off of idle if you lightly feather the throttle. Since it did that since new I am guessing that it isn't a dirty jet or carb problem. That and I would prefer to not monkey with them and get them out of adjustment. Instead I want to try synching it but have some questions.

1) For those of you with the service manual it says install T-joint and connect vacuum hose and guage to T-joint. What the hell is that? Don't I just plug the lines and individually connect the 3 cluster vacuum guage to the 2 lines and 1 plug I pulled off?

2) Then if you look at the picture it says 1 screw that is located between carbs 1&2 adjusts carbs 2 and 3? Also vice versa the screw between carbs 2& 3 adjusts carbs 1 and 3. Again what the hell? From the looking from the handle bars the cylinders are numbered 1 to 3 from left to right.

The manual wants you to sync the carbs with the vacuum still in the carb circuit thus the t 's. You can do it either way.
The carbs have one that doesn't adjust , look at the linkages , it is different , so set it first then do the others after. You will not believe how much better your engine will run after doing the sync. Be sure to warm the engine completely first !

Back