• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

T-Cat Differences from SRX?

Derek Fosbury

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder S-TX GT
2023 AC T-Cat EPS w/ATAC
As I posted in the 2023 Spring Surge Orders thread, it looks like I won't be one of the lucky ones to get a 2023 SRX. However, looks like I might be able to get a 2023 T-Cat.

I've scanned through old threads about the differences, but still wanted to double check to see if I understand correctly. From what I can find, the differences are:

1. different track/lug heights (1" SRX vs. 1.25" T-Cat)
2. different clutches (Yamaha durable rattler vs. not-as-durable but quiet AC ADAPT)
3. different chain cases -> or is it just the tensioner that is different? Do I still need to do the DMC Top Gear fix?
4. different gearing -> is this just from the different clutches, or is there something else that is different?
5. different skis & carbides -> although seems like carbides might be the same for 2023 with the T-Cat maybe adopting the offset dual carbides?

One question I have is around the ECU. The Yamaha site touts the "Yamaha-developed Mitsubishi ECU", but I can't find anything similar for the T-Cat. Do they have the same ECU?

Did I miss any differences?

I'm really disappointed in not getting the SRX. I really like that Team Yamaha blue. I think I'll have to find a way to cover up the purple on the T-Cat - assuming of course I'm even able to get one :).

Same ECU, adapt clutch may turn out to be more durable than Yamaha. Chain case identical other than gearing, skis now look very similar. Both made in the same plant .

Same ECU, adapt clutch may turn out to be more durable than Yamaha. Chain case identical other than gearing, skis now look very similar. Both made in the same plant .

Ditto on the skis, ECU, and chain case. Until recently, the cat skis were much better. Regarding the clutch, the new adapt has been good so far. My dealer has had no issues so far. Time will tell how durable it is. I will say it is quiet and does not rattle.

Does anyone have the spring part numbers for the srx
3074-380 & 3704-381, if you are referring to the rear torsion springs. I just ordered a pair for my 17 LTX. But... they are supposed to be 100-degree angle between the legs. The 3704-381 measured 101-degrees but I ordered in 2 of the the 3704-380 and they are both 108-degrees.

0331222207a~01.jpg

Back