• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Take a look at this! Is your B.S. detector flickering too?

Frostbite

TY 4 Stroke God
I work for yamaha, we are currently designing a new RX series lineup. These will be based on the new R1 motor. Horsepower is aimed at 172 HP.

The chassis will be slightly modified and a totally new rear skid will be added. EFI is now standard. This sled will be the first to come standard with a True Xenon HID headlight system offering over 8x brighter illumination then any other model made.

We have also managed to shed 23 lbs in the process... 11 alone from the rear skid.

The taillight is redesigned led unit. The gauge cluster has been redesigned using a technology similiar to pioneer car radios using Organic EL technology. The allows for multicolor high resolution digital display of analog or digital style gauges.

Expect to see this available as a mid release THIS SEASON!

This is the first public release of this 05 lineup, we have kept this extremely confidential until now. This sled will redifine the snowmobile industry. Yamaha is back.
We also have a hot new twin racer all I will tell you about that is the model name. Yamaha NRXR. It stand for New Revolution cross country racer.

A guess a little background information would be in order. The above post was copied from an AMSNOW post. The topic has many posts but this one really jumped out at me. I have to wonder if this is total fabrication or if some of it just might be true? Powder Blue

amsnow should be renames tottallybashers!!

There is very little good info from people you could accually trust!!

Thats why i like this site so much no one is hiding under a NAME that is not theirs!! :D

About the only thing any good at all with ansnow is the parts forum, way less lieing there. Not that people will stretch the truth when tring to sell something.

Quote"To increase power above 155 hp without raising rpms is difficult.
It requires for certain a lots of more cc:s and will be spendy.Also the
major construction of the engine only can deal with an overbore like
3-4 mm over stock.
To reach over 180 hp is possible at 1000 cc but only with some serious changes on cams, valves and timing,AND THEN at a top rpm at 14000(!)
witch means a clutch rpm at 11500 ! Lots of efficency loss (if not the clutch explodes).
In theori ,a ported 1108 cc with cast iron sleeves(78 mm bored) with a
nice exhaustsystem and different carbs could make around 170 hp at
11000 rpms."End quote.

From snowrider mag. sweden

I´ll stay with the turbo :wink:

LOL!

bsmeter.gif

Ok enough BS check out the spec for the new R1 streetbike it gets a 170hp infact it got 180hp but thats with ramair
so why cant we get that engine in our sleds?

180 hp at 12500 rpms.Then it has to be some serious gearreduction to keep the primary together.

I know this post is BS...but man does it ever sound convincing. That guy should be a fiction writer!

Secretly...I am hoping it is posted as BS but is actually TRUE just to get a response :p :p :p

Back