• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My RTX LE 50th BUILD THREAD-ROCKERDAN

Dan,

Thank you for making this thread. I frequent it often while making upgrades to my RTX.

I hope you had a great winter on your 850!

Great! I also still look here often myself.

It was a nice change actually riding the 850 this season, i did not even open my tool box all winter, just gas and go. It was a big change from the massive wrenching i did on the Winder.

I miss the big power, but don't miss the issues. I really wish YAM would make some fixes/changes!

Stay safe!
Dan

Great! I also still look here often myself.

It was a nice change actually riding the 850 this season, i did not even open my tool box all winter, just gas and go. It was a big change from the massive wrenching i did on the Winder.

I miss the big power, but don't miss the issues. I really wish YAM would make some fixes/changes!

Stay safe!
Dan

X2

thanks Steve, doing the GP is one of the reasons I got the STX-GT...I got mine late in the season and it needs to be fitted out for such a trip and get some of the bugs worked out. I got the winder because of the reliability of Yamaha sleds. I needed the 2up for the wife, she loves the heated seats and how comfortable the ride is...I ditched the Venture TF when we put it on its side going over the smallest bank of snow...the drone was over the top for me...
I'm trying to recruit a couple of buddies to do the trip next season, it's a funny formula to get everyone on the same page...work, weather, sleds in good shape to do the trip...oh, and coordination with places to stay.
Looking forward to seeing your pictures, and how you coordinated all the elements to get the trip done...Joe

thanks Steve, doing the GP is one of the reasons I got the STX-GT...I got mine late in the season and it needs to be fitted out for such a trip and get some of the bugs worked out. I got the winder because of the reliability of Yamaha sleds. I needed the 2up for the wife, she loves the heated seats and how comfortable the ride is...I ditched the Venture TF when we put it on its side going over the smallest bank of snow...the drone was over the top for me...
I'm trying to recruit a couple of buddies to do the trip next season, it's a funny formula to get everyone on the same page...work, weather, sleds in good shape to do the trip...oh, and coordination with places to stay.
Looking forward to seeing your pictures, and how you coordinated all the elements to get the trip done...Joe

As you state, very hard to coordinate when you and your buds work.

When I retire, Steveo and I will be doing the Gaspe EVERY year!

As you state, very hard to coordinate when you and your buds work.

When I retire, Steveo and I will be doing the Gaspe EVERY year!

Be ready FLEECE, i'm coordinating a New Brunswick run after XMAS & come home before New Years.

It is SOOO hard to coordinate trips especially with this decades' weather patterns, or shall i say, Lack of Weather Patterns.

I'm ready any time, any where.

I've been in the U.S. Merchant Marine for the past 41 years, retiring this year. Because of the virus I cant even get on a ship, they are not letting anyone on a ship or off..so maybe I'm retired now and don't even know it!!
Next season I will be available to do the GP...if you guys are short a rider, let me know, I really want to make the trip.

Been so bored here at cottage still self isolating....I have been playing around with iMovie. I apologize there are no Winders in the video as most of you know I rode a 850 doo this season. There is my Yamaha Viper cover though! LOL.

Still something for sledheads to watch since we are all so bored.

Dan

Great pics, thanks for sharing. I was able to get to Quebec for my first time this year. Was in the Mont Valin area. Amazing scenery and trails. Ontario needs to model after QC

Dan, you are self isolating in the wrong country!!
Haha....

Yeah since work at home was not able to start due to CV19, I decided to stay up here where its alot safer to self-isolate! The number of cases here is very low, while Niagara county at home has a fair amount more, and Erie county which is where most all my work is, has a LOT more cases and deaths!

Will probably head back in another week or so as the apex passes at home. Sure hope things get back to normal soon so I can work!

Dan

Great pics, thanks for sharing. I was able to get to Quebec for my first time this year. Was in the Mont Valin area. Amazing scenery and trails. Ontario needs to model after QC
Great area....we went there a few yrs ago, check out my youtube page, a few yrs back I have a video of our entire trip to the Saguenay region.

Dan

Back