• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

teather

HABS 1

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 apex gt,136 Hartman ext,dalton clutched,full excel exhaust,yamiheaters,cna pro ex white skis,hid lights,mtx riser,1.5 intense track,etc,etc!---2021 sidewinder xtx se
has anyone got rid of their teather? i know i will never use it , would like to bypass it n get it gone, plug hole , join wires? is this possible?

Attachments

• 6923432A-6954-4FA3-A230-17B387279617.jpeg
    6923432A-6954-4FA3-A230-17B387279617.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 70

As much as really do not recommend bypassing a tether, the earlier sleds did not have them. It is a normally closed system, so connecting the two wires should do the trick. Test it of course before making permanent mods

has anyone got rid of their teather? i know i will never use it , would like to bypass it n get it gone, plug hole , join wires? is this possible?

What's the year on the sled? Looks like a 2020 model, which means the tether plugs into a connection right under the spars that come up from the fuel tank. In order to bypass it, you'll just need to order the bypass plug. I have the part number at home I can send your way after work.

I wonder why you would want to eliminate it?
I installed a tether on my 2019 X-TX LE for snow drags ect and I found when trail riding it got in the way occasionally so I bought a second tether chord/cap and trimmed it down as far as I could so it didn't interfere with my my handle bar bag ect.
I just keep a proper tether in my handle bar bag for when I need it.

What's the year on the sled? Looks like a 2020 model, which means the tether plugs into a connection right under the spars that come up from the fuel tank. In order to bypass it, you'll just need to order the bypass plug. I have the part number at home I can send your way after work.
ok rite on thanks , sled is 2021

My buddy was told by opp stopping people on lake Bernard in sundridge last year they where ticketing people not wearing the tether like a helmet strap. it's a safety device if originally equiped. Not sure but that's what they told him.

My buddy was told by opp stopping people on lake Bernard in sundridge last year they where ticketing people not wearing the tether like a helmet strap. it's a safety device if originally equiped. Not sure but that's what they told him.
whoa! deputy dawg! but ya know being ontario i do not doubt that one bit!

As much as really do not recommend bypassing a tether, the earlier sleds did not have them. It is a normally closed system, so connecting the two wires should do the trick. Test it of course before making permanent mods

Totally forgot about replying to this after many miles and smiles on my first trip this season to northern Maine (-20°F temperatures BEFORE the wind chill might have frozen the brain cells dedicated to getting you this).

The part number is 1686-820 and you can get it from Arctic Cat (the part is $8.52 USD).

Attachments

• Plug Teather_1686-820.jpg
    Plug Teather_1686-820.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 48

Back