• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

temp gauges

rx1 fern

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
can someone please post some pics of the temp gauges mounted on the side of their speedometer on an rx1 .also explain what to do and where to splice.also what is better mechanical or electric. i remember seeing it here awhile ago with the phantom gauges .any help would be nice.thanks

There is a write up in the tech pages on hoiw to do it. Also has pics and what to do. I used the phantom one. I bought it through Summit Racing. Good luck.

For my super charger; I use the daytona multifunction guage from MPI. There is also a unit available which has single temp sensor and time. Here is my guage mounted on a temporary mount below my Fly handle bars. The single should fit next to your stock inst. cluster. I placed the sensor tee just above my chain case on the line coming from the coolant tank. One of the hose clamps is just visible in lower left corner of pic titled "bolts to loosen" .

Jim

Attachments

• BlgsRX-1mtnSC4.jpg
    BlgsRX-1mtnSC4.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Bolts to loosen.jpg
    Bolts to loosen.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 123
You may want to be really careful where you place the guage next to the speedo. There is a reinforcement rib under the dash that could interfere with the gauge fasteners. Also, if you use a mechanical gauge, the interference is even worse.

I was hesitant to cut that reinforcement. So I came up with a somewhat unique mount. I mounted the guage to some thick shim stock painted black and then fastened the shim stock to the dash with small screws. The guage's mounting bolts were then cut short and the bracket was not even used. This has held up really well, and I did not even scratch the hood reinforcement/rib.

This gauge works well. Its length is short so it does butt up against the headlight assembly and its unique twist on mounting bracket (holder) also is a plus. The gauge was under $30

Attachments

• DSCF2264.JPG
    DSCF2264.JPG
    486 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCF2265.JPG
    DSCF2265.JPG
    481.1 KB · Views: 111
The nice thing about my Daytona Digital is the fact it is designed for motorcycles and is inherently water resistant. It mounts via velcro so the only hole you need is one big enough to run 5 wires through.

Jim

my set up on the 05 warrior.
rfc

Attachments

• under hood of flush mount.JPG
    under hood of flush mount.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 103
  • harness view.JPG
    harness view.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 115
  • right side view of sending unit tee.JPG
    right side view of sending unit tee.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 124
  • no rubber ring.JPG
    no rubber ring.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 99
my set up on the 05 warrior.
rfc

Attachments

• under hood of flush mount.JPG
    under hood of flush mount.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 116
  • harness view.JPG
    harness view.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 108
  • right side view of sending unit tee.JPG
    right side view of sending unit tee.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 108
  • no rubber ring.JPG
    no rubber ring.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 99
See what I mean about cutting that reinforcement rib? Time will tell if it is a problem to cut it. I was able to get one in there without cutting it.

Len Todd said:
See what I mean about cutting that reinforcement rib? Time will tell if it is a problem to cut it. I was able to get one in there without cutting it.

That part of the hood takes almost no stress so that cut will have no effect now or ever.

I had the same setup in my Warrior that had 4400+ miles and that had been unfortunately rolled twice and even the full weight of the sled on the hood the cut for the gauge had no effect.

I had the same setup in my Warrior that had 4400+ miles and that had been unfortunately rolled twice and even the full weight of the sled on the hood the cut for the gauge had no effect.
That is good to know. Two rollovers has got to be the truest of tests. Right?

My point was, if you are very careful laying that out and mounting the guage, you do not need to cut the rib.

Back