• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Temperature Gauge install?

Re: crack in dash

The crack occurred from the inside of the temp gauge at about the 4 o'clock position towards the speedo. The worst part is I replaced the center dash section - being even more careful to drill the hole, file the edges and not overtighten the gauge mounts - and it $%$#@$** did it again!! :o|

At $110 Can for the dash panel I've learned not to be quite so fussy!!

How about getting a stainless steel backing plate made up to fill the spot around the guage. It would cover the crack. I did mine on the weekend and drilled a 2" hole. It is a snug fit so I didn't even put in the mounts. I wonder if it will get tighter when the temps get colder.

NY_Warrior said:
I have no problem with fogging. There were some holes on the backside I plugged with silicone.

Man, such a simple idea! I had a problem with my guage fogging up and was thinking I needed to shrink wrap the back of the guage to seal everything up but you are probably right; just need to seal those holes. Thanks for the tip!

Back