• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Testing with fuel tank off?

Jasonjmccoy

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro XTX
Any one got any tricks for running their sleds with the fuel tank off in order to test exhaust and such? Is it is simple as a length of spare fuel line? What about the electrical connections?

I expect it is more practical to run with the tank loose and set to the side. If that gives you the room you want I'm sure it is the easiest.

What he said. There are two lines and the electrical connections to deal with. And the pressure line has a special connector.

on the Apex you can reroute the lines and wires around the frame and put tank on a table right beside the sled and still hook them up. I don't know on other sleds.

I thought you just covered the equast pipes and if it doesn't stall you have a leak, or something like that ?

if it is a big enough leak. you can have a small leak and it will still stall.

On my Nytro I could set the tank on a stool beside the sled with the back end facing the sled with lines still attached. I would do this with only a gallon or two of gas in it.

Back