• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tether Cord

phazerfx500

Veteran
Has anyone installed a Tether Cord on their Phazer yet? Was wondering if yes.... is it a special order part from Yamaha or can you just pick up any aftermarket one. Thanx.

SkyHiFX114 said:
i have one installed. you can use a off the shelf teather but it has to be a open loop style.

Thanx...now hard is it to install. I'm sure it wont be just a plug and play unit. I have a spare Pro Design kill here from a quad wondering if that would work...cheers

Hey SkyHi, where did you mount yours at, i want to put one on mine but i dont know where to put it without it being too out of place looking on the sled, i thought of putting it where that rubber gramet is on the left side opposite the ignition but it was too small and putting it through the gramet isnt smart because thatd pull out every 5 minutes if you got any pics thatd be 10x better...
Thanks

i have a bar mount clamp style made by pro design. it has the little horseshoe that slides in. not the rubber nipple style

srp_1000.jpg

cannondale27 said:
So what wires did you hook it to?Is it a normally open switch?Thanks

yes normally open same a yfz450 quad. ill have to look but i beleive it was the brown. ill take a look and a pic tomarrow i accessed the wire bundle from under the headlight shroud.

My switch is a normally closed that means you can get continuity through it or 12 volts, and it is the solid red wire at the key switch.

three wire configuration. red green black. located the brown wire in the loom coming from the kill switch. ground out the black (headlight bracket worked best) hook the green to the brown on the side coming from the switch and hook the red to end coming from the engine compartment.

6.jpg

Back