• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The Hood Fix

I hear Ya loud and clear!!!!

dealers

Yea dealers some suck bad,and some less than bad,others great,this seems to be a problem across the board on all types of sleds,all mang. pol.ski,cat,and yammi,but what do we do about it?

Well, I guess we will just have to call Yamaha direct. I had to do it on a shock problem that I had on my SX700R. The rubber bumper was gone, and the plastic washer was cracked. The Yamaha dealer in town said it was from abuse, I'm sorry, but my wife drives it, and I'm lucky we do 35-45 on the trail, 60 on the river. I ended up calling Yamaha, and filing a complaint, it got fixed right away. So, maybe it is the dealer sometimes. I have a fax machine, and can have them send me something.

Overall I like my dealer and they have been fair with everything that I have bought from them. Have been with them for 5 years and I feel that thier sales, parts, service and mechanics do a great job but I just wish that all dealers would warrant the same items.

new dealer

Which i could say the same thing about my new to me yammi dealer as u fox,but we got off on the wrong foot very early in this season,after my second ride. Now i was w/my old polaris dealer for over 20 yrs. and i am kinda spoiled i guess. :evil:

Please Post the Dealer Names

Was hoping you could post the dealer names, of dealers that are warrantying the hoods. That way I have a little ammo, when I talk to my dealer. Thanks, Steve

Guys,

If your hood is not worn to bad you can get those round
transparent stick on rubber like pads at a hardware or
Canadian Tire shop that works great they stop the rubbing and
can hardly notice them. had them on mine all season and no
more problems. :D

TB

That sounds like a good idea True Blue. I would have thought that the glue on those kinds of bumpers would not stand-up in the cold days we had this year. It was a good year for testing the glue. I would still like Yamaha to address this issue properly and have all of us get a Yamaha fix.

take that tank bag off after a year of riding and look at the finish on paint of the tank. Now you cant take it off, Oh well hope you like it.

Nope not a single mar or scratch on the tank, mines black too. Before I installed the bag, I got a sq. yard of black felt cut it to fit inside then used spray adhesive to attach. It was on the sled all season, only off once after a rain storm to dry.

Back