• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thinking about..........jumping ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
No passing just who can keep up with who.
Turn around come back and the other guy leads. That’s what I’m talking about as far as racing. Trying to pass at high speeds on tight trails, no not gonna happen.
You can’t tell me as the owner of a turbo sled you and your buddies don’t do this to some extent.

I’m not an idiot BTW

Ok
Fair enough and I’m sure you are not.

Used too but not so much anymore
I lead and stay in control on corners
I hate meeting people riding over there head

Have a good day
Off to Florida

"Then couple my exceptional rider ability"
"just who can keep up with who."

It's people like you that keep me farther north. Guys full of themselves end up in trees or worse.
Nobody really cares if your old junk is fast or how good of rider you "THINK" you are.
You should ban yourself from this thread

Popcorn-408x408.jpg

"Then couple my exceptional rider ability"
"just who can keep up with who."

It's people like you that keep me farther north. Guys full of themselves end up in trees or worse.
Nobody really cares if your old junk is fast or how good of rider you "THINK" you are.
You should ban yourself from this thread

No need to get hostile, I’m just confident. When someone says the old chassis are garbage I defend them that’s all. I have “new junk” and ride both, each has its place.

I haven’t gone into the trees in over 15 years. Let me tell ya you should be a lot more worried about the vacationing idiots riding up north drinking at ever bar stop. I don’t feel safe up there with high traffic and drunken fools everywhere.

Gotta ask..... Do you drink and ride?

No need to get hostile, I’m just confident. When someone says the old chassis are garbage I defend them that’s all. I have “new junk” and ride both, each has its place.

I haven’t gone into the trees in over 15 years. Let me tell ya you should be a lot more worried about the vacationing idiots riding up north drinking at ever bar stop. I don’t feel safe up there with high traffic and drunken fools everywhere.

Gotta ask..... Do you drink and ride?

I do both. I ride all day, park my sled and then drink
I'm 56 and did all the stupid stuff many years ago

My first sled was a '71 ski-doo Nordic 371 then a 76 Polaris Charger
I've ridden most every brand out there since then
Bolens, Mercury, Sno-Jet, Kawasaki and now all the current ones
None of them ride like the new Cats

I don't blame anyone for jumping that doesn't have the time to fix all the known issues and poor engineering that came from Cat here.

Some will jump, and some will just fix all the shortfalls we have with the Cat. And there are plenty to be certain. I'm lucky to have the time and resolve to fix and improve my machine. Was I happy about needing to? NO I sure wasn't, I cussed those engineers and the company every time I turned around, but I'm at a point now that I'm glad I kept with it. I'm also glad I had a chance to try a 900t too! It confirmed to me I don't want to go back just yet, I actually have to admit I was looking and talking at a possible spring check on one. The Winder is a fantastic machine that just needs a little massaging to make it reliable and fast. I hope that the people that are unhappy can make them right themselves, because as delivered there will be issues that can and will leave you stranded.

All brands have known problems, but Ski-Doo just has a lot less. And for those talking how bad the Doos are, have not had the four-stroke Doos. They are no where near as problem prone as their two-strokes counterparts. The issue I have is if you want a big reliable high power Ski-Doo, you are not going to get it without turboing the old 1200. So you need to go back to 160HP and if you tune the 900t it will still only go to 200 or so HP. So if your fine with stock Winder power, the 900t with a tune may be for you.
Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back