• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thinking about putting Simmons Flexi Ski on Nytro

LeeKo said:
Sheetwright,

I have Simmons on my RX1 in which I think they work great. I never tried them on my XTX. In my experieince there is not one ski that works for all sleds. They definitely help stability and have a mild understeer compared to a single keel ski.

I would be interested in hearing more experiences of Simmons on Nytros also.

I noticed your sled in your avator. It looks pretty BA...how about some pics?

Not to raid this post. Pics of both projects will be coming. That was a teaser that the dealer sent me from out of town. Once he is done in a bit, I will be bringing it back to my shop for some new tunnel, and exhaust mods. Changing up the boards, and the angle possibly. That is the only small clip to date. Waiting for more power, and bling ;)!

Back to subject. I agree anymore input on Simmons skis on Nytro's? Also which model you put them on RTX, XTX ETC......

XTX622Kane said:
Yeh, the first time I rode my xtx I hated it. I know it was a great sled and was exactly what I had been waiting for. The dealer set it up for my size and riding style but I hated it. I rode 40-50 mi and felt like I had gone like 250 mi. I got some food at bar wrenched on settings and adjustment and found better set-ups. Love sled but I always make changes on clickers all day long as conditions change. I ride twice as hard now and can ride all day and night. Nice to have a sled that performs the way you want. Gives more confidence to rider. If you need pics of my shield set-up pm me email. Get side deflectors for sure and I love the dumbo ears. Was going to put in 114 but bought more so made my own pattern and put in like 122 or 125 can't remember. No pull throughs and good cornering and grip. I do have 84" of carbide on simmons. I love the set-up. Amazing that couple turns on clickers make. I think I will get tripple rate front springs and polaris rear spring adjuster too.

Im interested in the details of tuning...I dont want to hate it like I hated my attak the first time out...and dont want to struggle...Im debating between the gen1's and gen2's....

any input on the details of the suspension tweaking is appreciated..

Attachments

• windy resize.jpg
    windy resize.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 56
put simmons gen 1's on my 08 fx last season,generally i liked how they worked but i did have a few issues with them,in certain conditions they were kinda of a bugger to steer,and they had a little quirk,sometimes when you hit a jump a little out of shape,and came down one ski first,it would dart away from that side,sometimes kinda violently,and sometimes unexpectedly.but overall they were far better than stock.

fyi...not sure of the nytro...but my experience after riding the simmons on the last 10 sleds Ive owned is they are the most predictable ski..with a degree of understeer in loose stuff...but I ran them last time with shaper bars which made them very agressive..they smooth out the chatter the front end getts...but remember they are a bit heavier so minor spring adjustments sometimes are needed...they widen out the footprint of the front making the sled feel more stable..
the negative is any duall runner design can scrub speed condition dependant..

Back