• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thinking of trading my 2010 XTX for a 1200 doo. Should I?

I can tell you that I am probably making the switch. I am going to sell my 09 XTX and pick up a 1200 Renegade X and upgrade to the Backcountry and boost it. I have talked to a few people that have made the switch and they all say the same thing. The Yamaha has a quicker hit when you punch it but the chassis is no comparison. The Doo chassis kicks the destroys the Nytro. Thats why I am selling mine. I have dinked with it and tweaked it but still can't get it you steer decently without it driving like a dump truck.

Here's what Ted Jannetty responded when I sent him an email about how he liked the new Doo. Here is what he said:

Hello Mike,

As I stated on some of my Posts, I have owned 18 sleds all for trail riding, 11 doos then 7 Yamahas, 4 stroke is what converted me but always had a passion for Doo because of my last doo, An 03 Rev X 800, which I kept for 4000 miles and pounded the death out of it, I weigh 310 with gear, simply an amazing sled I just could not stand the smell of 2 stroke oil, and replacing rings every 1000 miles and 2 crank seals.

Now this 1200 is a Grand Slam Home Run, the Chassis is much more refined than my Rev which was still better than my Apex GT.

I always Said my Apex GT is Very good but If I could have my Apex Motor in my Rev Chassis I would have the ultimate sled.

I really am not missing the 20 hp because if the weight difference of around 80 lbs I am guessing.

In my Mind the XR1200 is the ultimate trial sled.

I am working on A Tubular Race header that will go in to the stock can or aftermarket can, should be worth 10+ hp over the manifold.
A Different air intake system should be worth 5+ hp.
Head Porting, increased compression for use with 91 octane Super Unleaded, estimates are in the 175 range N/A.

I will also be offering a Turbo Kit of my own design but because I could not get a Proto sled back in May I am Way behind on development.

Ted.

IMO, If you are on an off trail guy, then a 2 stroke is where it's at. The 800 Etec is the best at this area. But, just be prepared to do a motor job any where in the range of 3-6000 miles. That's the bottom line...

SledFreak said:
IMO, If you are on an off trail guy, then a 2 stroke is where it's at. The 800 Etec is the best at this area. But, just be prepared to do a motor job any where in the range of 3-6000 miles. That's the bottom line...

That's why I'm keeping my 2 stroke Yammi Mt Viper running well. It goes anywhere (and more) around here my 'Doo loving in laws ride with their long track Summits.

You can still stay true blue and ride off trail, which I do about half the time.

;)!

Mike

Back