• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

this is the 3rd session on my xtx

Smelter

Pro
Last week I tried to start my sled and no go. turn key and dash comes on. Tryn to start it and nothing. I remember someone mentioning they put a heat gun or hair dryer to the starter relay. I did this. it took awhile but the starter finialy kicked in. The battery is 100%. Talked to a yami guy. He said it has to do with the silicone in the starter relay?@%#.
it does not do this when the sled is warm. Only when left outside over night. Was told to replace relay ( ~$12) and it wouldnt be covered by warranty.
Any experience with this?

Yea, should be a green one on right hand side of sled by oil tank. happened to me, i just put di-electric grease on all relays and fuses. moisture gets on there and freezes. once i did the grease, never had an issue since!

2008FxNytro said:
Yea, should be a green one on right hand side of sled by oil tank. happened to me, i just put di-electric grease on all relays and fuses. moisture gets on there and freezes. once i did the grease, never had an issue since!

just what I want to here......thanks bro

Smelter said:
Last week I tried to start my sled and no go. turn key and dash comes on. Tryn to start it and nothing. I remember someone mentioning they put a heat gun or hair dryer to the starter relay. I did this. it took awhile but the starter finialy kicked in. The battery is 100%. Talked to a yami guy. He said it has to do with the silicone in the starter relay?@%#.
it does not do this when the sled is warm. Only when left outside over night. Was told to replace relay ( ~$12) and it wouldnt be covered by warranty.
Any experience with this?

Why not covered under warranty? :die I would ask the dealer to replace the relay and use the dielectric grease on the terminals if needed. Not warranty Bullshit.

This happened to me last weekend, good to know. I'll probably just go pick up another relay and some dielectric grease and change it out before it happens again.

This happened to me last weekend in wyoming also it throws a code 12.If you hold the key usually 30 seconds to 2 min it also warms up and starts.

Back