• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Those Who Have Swapped Suspensions

I have an M10 from a Polaris. The harshness is gone and it never bottoms out. The skid cost me $250 and you still use the stock rear mounting brackets and the front shaft mounts to the same place so it's an easy swap. Only downside is it doesn't transfer weight well from a dead stop, so if you are into racing the M10 is not the best choice.

I just did this install over the summer but had to do a lot of work on the M10 I picked up. I got it cheep 80$ off of Kijiji in Ontario but was missing the front shock. I will use the stock Yamaha shock on the front for now but had the Fox Shock rebuilt on it. Can't wait to try it out. I had the old 2 shock system and it was in bad shape on my 03 Rx1

Swapped in a ZX2 AdBoivin skid. Finally it rode like a sled should. Some love the No-Action skid most hate it. After it trying to break my spine for a couple years I swapped in the ZX2 and my back loved me.

Best thing you can do is swap out that Pro-action!

U gotta do the whole setup to get the big changes apex seat bar risers and skid swap and everyone will till u it will ride like a new sled night and day it goes from omg my back once u run the rough stuff to holy crap lets run that trail agian!

I agree Apex seat swap is a must on the RX. I installed a two inch riser but most go at least 4 inches. Taller then two inch riser need the longer mountain throttle cable. With the apex seat riser and better skid the RX feels like a new sled! I would have dumped my Warrior for an Apex but for the swap. Now the New Apex is a step up from the Converted RX and the RX will never be a 800 renagade but it will make you love the sled all over again. For a couple grand tops an RX will become a great trail sled that rivals any trail sled out there or spend 15 grand, your choice.

Last summer I bought a bone stock rx1. 3300 miles on it.Did the apex seat 2" riser and I think its a 12 mm sway bar cuz I couldnt find a 13mm. My other sleds have always been cats. I have a 03 zr 900 sno pro, a few t cats, and those sleds as everyone know ride very well. I have zero complants about that stock suspension on my rx1.The seat and riser make that sled ride and handle the bump way better than stock. I have a few cat suspentions kicking around. I wont waste my time putting one in.

Last edited:
I've installed a few mono shocks into 03-04 proaction Rx-1's for customers and they were very impressed. We sell self locating mounting plates which make the conversion a breeze. We did all the measuring and figuring for you!

Well I put an sc-4 into my rx-1 and when I sit on the sled, it compresses the skid all the way down. I'm about 255lbs. I already bought some stiffer springs, but haven't installed them yet. I might bite the bullet and buy rebuildable shocks, but this thing is getting expensive.

Well I put an sc-4 into my rx-1 and when I sit on the sled, it compresses the skid all the way down. I'm about 255lbs. I already bought some stiffer springs, but haven't installed them yet. I might bite the bullet and buy rebuildable shocks, but this thing is getting expensive.

Post some pictures of your installation! ;)!

In the 02-03 season I put the break in miles on my 03 RX-1 on lake Mille Lacs (a flat 20 mile x 20 mile sheet of ice) due to lack of snow on the trails. Then I went to the UP. We stayed in Hancock and first ride was down to Twin Lakes. We were heading to Greenland. I got off the sled at Krupp's and went inside, got a sheet of paper and wrote for sail on it and put it on the windshield. I hitched a ride back up and left the rx there. Rode 3 days on my SX 700 with less suspension without any problems and picked the RX up on the way home. I worked on it for 2 weeks making parts and swapping shocks till I could ride it. Yamaha was working with Bender Racing at the time and they were using a mono shock conversion kit that used some no action and some mono parts (the rails). I put that thing in and it was like night and day. I have since owned 4 03's and 04's that I put mono's in and the apex upgrades and rode them into the ground. I even built a stroked apex motor and put it into the 1st 03 I ever owned after the motor let go. nothing could touch them on the trails.

Told ya back in FEB it was hard to beat a 07-09 monoskid (Yamaha), they have stock rebuild able shocks and adjusted to rider lbs only sag about 3-4" when sitting on it. $400. And your done.

I have an 05 RX1. I pulled the mono and put a Z1 turbo 128 slide action skid with 200 hundred miles on it. I also tried the Fox 2 front shocks but didn't like them. I nownhave the GYTR shocks on it. The sled rides awesome and hooks hard. After 1500 miles the slides look new. I did loose some top end and that is very important, but I will take the better ride every time.

08 mono skid all day

Attachments

• IMG_20150919_093004.jpg
    IMG_20150919_093004.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 404
has anyone put a m20 airwave in the rx? and if so do you have the measurement for the front arm location and what there mounting brackets would look like. they want 275 for maybe a shaft and some aluminum brackets and will not give any info for mounting it with out paying first definitly great customer service techline aint no better 2 days still no return call yet. cant find anything on the interweb either. any help would be greatly appreciated

Yep drilled of factory brackets, moved to new location and riveted back on. Outside of tunnel is right side, inside is left side. It looks like 3/4 inch higher cause you can just see the factory hole on the tunnel.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 404
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 298
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 341
03griz thank you for the info and the great pics really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!

Back