• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

thoughts on old new sleds?

asrx600guy

Extreme
Some of the sleds I am considering haven't been upgraded significantly in the 8 model years, and I am seeing new 0 mile sleds for sale going back to 2011 without looking too hard. Any thoughts on these?
My big fear is the obvious one; taking a shellacking on an insurance claim if that were to happen or resale if I don't like it enough to drive it into the ground.
I guess the real question is; how much off per year would you have to see to make it worth your while?

I bought a brand new 2011 Nytro XTX for $10,000 in January of 2011 (before tax/license). If I were to buy a 2011 new right now, I'd pay no more than about $8000. I'd want to see a price that is less than what they wanted when it first hit the sales floor, but wouldn't expect it to be as cheap as a used 2011. So I guess my comfort level is about 5% per year price reduction... The dealer should be desperate to unload the sled and clear the showroom floor. They should be throwing in a 5 year warranty too.

There is a brand new 08 nytro on the floor at the local dealer here in Grand Marais MN.

yamariv said:
teamyamadoo said:
There is a brand new 08 nytro on the floor at the local dealer here in Grand Marais MN.

WHAT, an O8!! How's that possible? What's the price?

Was in the dealership last week and they still had it, just checked the website and looks like it's gone now. Was thinking that for the right price it would be a nice sled to have around/extra sled for family and friends when they visit.

teamyamadoo said:
yamariv said:
teamyamadoo said:

Was in the dealership last week and they still had it, just checked the website and looks like it's gone now. Was thinking that for the right price it would be a nice sled to have around/extra sled for family and friends when they visit.
I saw it on craigslist the other day

yamaha1973 said:
teamyamadoo said:
yamariv said:
teamyamadoo said:

I saw it on craigslist the other day

On craigslist dated mar 10
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/s ... 86309.html

I purchased a 2011 Apex left over fully expecting that Yamaha would not come with anything significantly new. Glad I did at a savings of about $5,000 compared to a 2015. Love the sled because to me it is a technological dream compared to my 05 RX-1. I guess if you have been riding something relatively old there are some crazy deals out there. As I see it my RX-1 has over 14,000 miles and going strong so I should get some years out of this.....unless of course.....nahhhh.

Saw a 2014 Nytro XTX 1.75 for $9,199 brand new at a dealer in NY the other day.

Back