• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thoughts on the 2010 Nytro Changes

No, i didn't really get any pics of just the sled, sorry. It wasn't much different to look at. it was a blue one. but had no decals or anything on it. It was a pre-production one, so im guessing they used it for testing and didn't want to make it look too flashy.

make sure you ride the 162 before you buy a 153 even if your sure you want the 153, it might save you some $ in the end.

I agree with skidooboy - however, Rx1M5 took the words right out of my mouth;

Rx1M5 said:
While I'll concede they did the stuff for 2010 that should have been done in 08, had they actually tested the sled in anything but hardpack, they've still left 50 lbs on the table. A 20 lb weight reduction is pretty lame. I really don't know what the hell they are doing but they must have nobody who actually rides mountain sleds on their team. If the price was more reasonable the 2010 would save some time but you are still going to have to throw some cash at it. Same huge battery, same big a$$ muffler, improved Maverick we'll see on that one, steel drop brackets blah blah blah. IMO yah the 2010 looks way better than the 08/09 but for less money you can get an 08 and kick the 2010 all over the mountain just by virtue of tha fact that you'll be 50 lbs lighter minimum.

Where they completely missed the point is in the power department. They are recyling the Apex for another season stateside but here in Canada the Nytro is the big boy sled, give me a break like you're going to be in the hunt against an M1000 or XP, NOT. I love my Nytro but it'll never high mark a properly set up XP and this coming from a guy who doesn't even like Doo's. I've got a turbo sled and love it, but the first answer from guys is "Ya but you can slap a turbo on the Nytro and voila", point is you shouldn't have to, it should be a choice rather than a necessity to be competitive.

If they'd have brought out the 2010 with say even 155 hp they'd have something. Here on one hand they call the 130 Hp Gensis a 600 class motor for racing but they are trying to sell it as the big mountain tamer. What a joke, do they think we are stupid?

This economic downturn really hit in the last 6 months or so. Last weekend I was watching a program on TV and they were interviewing a guy from Cat and they showed the development process of a new sled. The Cat guy said it takes a full 3 years to develop a sled from the ground up, so with that in mind then the Apex which is basically an Rx1 was started in 2000. By my calculations that makes the Deltabox chassis 10 seasons old so don't be trying to tell me thats state of the art. I really don't see how they can't of had something better already in the works, cause if they don't the blue faithfull are screwed cause its already too late.

Rant over

Rx1M5

I agree with you 100%.

now this....
Taylzee said:
What would you pay for a 400lbs, 250HP nytro MTX? And then cry when you got 3 miles down the trail with a blown motor/belt/driveshaft/chaincase etc...? Which is what is happening with the 2 strokers at 150ish HP.

Right now in Canada you can buy a brand new 09 MTX for 11,400CDN(+tax). That's the same price as an 800 assault and less than an 800 XP and IMO twice the sled.

My point would be this: Yes there could be improvements, but if you want a boondocker that has reliability written all over it, then this is it. If you want to make it into something it was not designed for, (highmarking) then spend the money and support the aftermarket guys.

Rant over!

I don't see chaincases and driveshafts blowing on 150hp sleds and you can get an 09 Cat or Doo or Polaris for 10 grand canadian out the door in Calgary.

The MTX can't even boondock on flat land in deep snow, i'm talking snow that your sled disappears in. The front end is too heavy!

that remark doesn't even deserve a reply, you can't argue with someone this informed. all i can say is what ever, this is going nowhere fast.

I think many take it for granted the reliability our yamaha’s have which comes at a bit extra weight. The doo 1200 crew are quickly finding out you don’t just bolt on a turbo and go. Its common knowledge we can run good boost on a Yamaha with stock motor mounts, stock clutches, cheap stock belts, stock jackshafts/drive axle (except for extroverts). And the only real issue is running the proper fuel or compression to match the boost level. Obviously you can’t strengthen one component without weakening another and that’s where tolerance levels of a Yamaha pay off. Even the mighty turbo cat has its bucket of issues to try and keep up with an Apex that has much less hp. Good thing the cat has a turbo or it would be behind the Nytro.
Just my .2c

Dan

Back