• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thoughts on the stx-dx 137

Chris Rose

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder stx-DX with TD/Max 16 stock muffler
WEBSITE
chrisjrose2018@@gmail.com
I am looking at this to replace my crashed ltx-dx. The 1.6 track is my question. I ride trails. How does this track work with 260hp? Thanks for any advice.

I am running the 1.6" single ply on my turbo viper at over 260 hp with 144 1.85" studs. It out hooks any other track I have drag raced and has no wear with over 5000 miles on it. It is as smooth as a ripsaw on hard packed trails and can handle 3' deep fresh snow with ease.

Deep Snow

Fast Trails

and with the new gears in the 15 at 10.5#'s of boost did 126 mph on gps with a bit more if I had been on ice track.

Thanks for the replies, I am not really interested in ultimate top end runs but love the pull. Mainly concerned with trail manners and longlivity. Are these single or two ply? Also stud length /clearance. The sled is a good deal if the track is the right type. So far it seems like a good choice.

I should mention that the sled in mind is a stx-dx /137

Mine is the cobra 1.6" single ply 141" on the XTX

The 137 will be similar because the driver pitch is 2.86 so 137 / 2.86 = 48 paddles
the 141 driver is a 3.0 pitch so 141 / 3.0 = 47 paddles

The contact patch is slightly smaller but the rows of paddles are very similar. I have ridden turbo LTX vipers with the 1.6" ice cobra and it worked well.

This was mine at about 4000 miles.

Studs @.jpg

I have 2500 miles on my 1.6 Ice Cobra. 1300 of those miles with a tune. Would do it again, no question. I like this setup.

Got the insurance settlement and now and have the STX-DX. can anyone tell me where I can find the 1.8 studs for the 1.6 track? Royal distributor and woodies doesn't list that length. Thanks for the assistance and have a great summer.

Thanks, I see that they list the longer studs.

Back