• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thoughts on Vector? (Comparison to RX1's)

SIMMER

TY 4 Stroke Master
Hey guys, I had an 03 RX1 and now have an 04 REV 800HO. I have never had anything in the 600CC power class . I am wondering how you guys like the Vector's. I can't stop reading enough good things about this sled. What are the drawbacks if any? How is the ride? We do 300+ mile days at fairly high speeds and often have the chance to open it up for 10-20 miles at a time. I am hearing that the 2 sleds are about 6-8 MPH apart in stock form. Speed is important to me but so is everything else most importantly handling and comfort.

I am waiting for the 2006's to determine what I buy next. If it's something irresitible for the RX1's then I will go back to the Big Iron in 06. Otherwise, I am seriously thinking about a 05 Vector or 05 RX1 with an ECP kit. :D

Anyone?

Personally, I doubt the current RS sleds will have the top end legs to suit your described type of riding. Your buds will disappear quick in 10-20 miles if you don't have the ponies.

Nothing a little boost won't cure but that's more $$. Just my too scents.

Yeah, I agree. The sled is awesome in low end, mid end, suspension is plush, feels light. However, it is just missing a little bit up top. Buy the Rx1 in 06'.

Thanks for the honest opinions guys...actually nice to see other than "my sled is the best....blah, blah blah.

Good information to know. :rocks:

The Vector will hold 100 mph along with most other 600/700 class sleds.

It gets to 80 fast, takes longer to reach 100.

If you like to go faster than that for any amount of time, get the RX.

Got news for you.
Just got back from a 700 mile trip and we had 2 05 RX 1 and an 04 Warrior. This is not BS.
The RX would pull away 6 sled lengths. Top speed was about the same.
But they both had 96 studs down the middle and I dont have any studs.
Where they pulled away, I had track spin.
So
The X and the S are a lot closer than you might think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do however have the White Knuckle exhaust and the X sleds I raced against did not.

Tork, I don't like to disagree with you, but ah yes I must. I have both and the rs has no where near the power of the rx, both 05s, everytime I get off the vector I tell the lady this thing just doesn't have it in the power section. We have lined up a couple times and it is not close she will stay with me about 50 feet and as far as top end the rs seems to stop at about 70mph as far as the pull goes the rx is still climbing handly. The rs is a very nice sled but to say it will run with the rx come on. The difference is like riding a 600 to an 800, hp does account for somethings I guess. Sorry Tork and I don't mean this post in anyway against you, I respect your thoughts totally.

Thumper1000 said:
Tork, I don't like to disagree with you, but ah yes I must. I have both and the rs has no where near the power of the rx, both 05s, everytime I get off the vector I tell the lady this thing just doesn't have it in the power section. We have lined up a couple times and it is not close she will stay with me about 50 feet and as far as top end the rs seems to stop at about 70mph as far as the pull goes the rx is still climbing handly. The rs is a very nice sled but to say it will run with the rx come on. The difference is like riding a 600 to an 800, hp does account for somethings I guess. Sorry Tork and I don't mean this post in anyway against you, I respect your thoughts totally.

Not to be argumentative, but after 2 years on a Viper, I am amazed at how hard my Vector is still pulling at 85 mph..

Ride an rx and you'll be amazed again. lol the rx does pull very hard, I would say the rs pulls like my old viper maybe a bit better but nothing like the rx.

Tork, did you swap sleds and have the same results? That would be the real way to tell.

My little bit of experience on the demo ride, swapping between machines, has me going along with Thumper1000. The RX just plain has more WOOT according to my highly calibrated butt dyno.

That being said, my Rage gives me everything I want, the RX just has more. :flag:

rs

I have a vector that's not broken in yet the rpm's are low and I raced a mxz 700 on the lake and beat it from a dead stop and rolling start.

I still think the key is the 10-20 mile runs where the RX will walk if not run away from the RS. That's an awfully long run compared to the lake racing most folks are used to doing.

Two stroke riders break sweat in below zero weather just worrying about their engines letting go. Is that right RXWonder? :wink:

SledderSteve said:
Tork, did you swap sleds and have the same results? That would be the real way to tell.
No, we didn't swap sleds. Tork and I are about the same weight fully dressed while Bluedog goes about 40 pounds more than us. So the race between Tork and I was a good representation. I was surprised that the RX-1 didn't pull away faster. It was more like a very slow crawl and then it stopped. No more than 4 mph difference between the two. I only have about 1300 miles on the 05 and have only seen 105 on the dream meter. My 03 has seen 132 on the dream meter.

RXWonder, I did ride Tork's sled on the trails one day when we decided to swapped. The Vector's front end reminds me of the Viper in that it is noticeably lighter than the RX-1. Both Tork and I have Simmons skis so it was a good comparison. The mono shock is better in the 6" bumps or lower category. Once you hit the 1 foot moguls, I think the suspensions are the same. I think you would be happy with the Vector.

We did weigh the stock exhaust on the Vector and it came in at 16 pounds compared to the 8 pound exhaust on the Whitenuckel, so Tork has done some weight shaving activities. The chrome exhaust looks much better in person.

Back