• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Threaded Collar

Clamb

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
02 Sx viper Er 15 sr viper xtx
I’m trying to release a stubborn threaded collar on the wobble bearing and it’s giving me fits.I have already damaged it or I would try and thread the nut back on to beat on but can’t at this point. I’m going to try and heat it tomorrow and see if it will release. Wondering if anybody has any other tips or tricks for me. I’ve read everything in the facts many times on this just can’t keep hitting it it’s driving me

I had same problem, ended up using a puller on the other side and pulled the bearing and arm housing off the shaft together and then pulled shaft out thru chain case.

dang thats what i figured someone would say. did the wobble bearing come out with the collar and shaft then?

Thanks guys had to pick up a new bearing pulled but it’s out and bearing was definitely toast. 520E75F8-3FE2-40BE-AC60-DB6D6ABC70A3.jpeg

How many miles on the original?
6400 and some change. Just about to reassemble the chain case and noticed a ball was real lose and ground flat on one side

Got a pick. I’ve read about about people saying this I think mines ok everything meshes ok but curious as to were the bad spot on these are.

Back