• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Three pipes to choose from....

cannondale27 said:
My single Aaen held up well.Yes it was just painted black.You are right better off having it look stock.

Cannondale, are you running it right now?
Is there any snow down by you?... any plans on heading up north? I'd like to possibly meet up for a ride.

No I went back to stock for now.Planning a true dual R1 exhaust someday.No snow.Trails never opened here yet.Got about 100mi on around Townsend 2 weeks ago and was planning to go there this weekend but not anymore.Maybe will work on that exhaust.Will let you know next time.

We have snow here but no open trails, and this weather isnt making it any better. I've been hanging out in the Pelican lake/Elcho area. Its a little over an hours drive for me. Let me know when you wanna go!

Thanks for everyones input. I welcome more if you have it.

Leaning towards Aaen but still have the Barker on my mind because of Jeffz post above.

nobrakes said:
Checked them out mike :)

I like how it sounds.

Here is another wrench in the machine.

How about a HMF slip on? Its half the price. Think its half the performance?

Haha it really barks in person I like it. There is no way (besides paying dyno time) to know if a universal slip on adds hp. You can bet a few hp as the stock unit is quite restrictive, and Aaen dyno chart shows that there is some hp to be gained. Regardless you will be dumping 10lbs weight er so.

1st pic is the Schmidt bros muffler, stainless body & tip $369

2nd pic is what is happening to my Aaen right now. Not sure if its surface rust er what, dont really care right now lol

3rd pic is the Aaen from top view. So yeah there is a muffler cup that can fit on it, but you'd still see the muffler sticking out at an angle from the back and from the sides. So dont let the "factory look" sway your decision. Looks like the Barker looks similar to the Schmidt but more $$.

I was going for HP when I bought aaen. 9hp (with quiet core removed...LOUD) and 12lbs lighter than stock. paid out the nose for it. (us-cdn exchange plus shipping, ouch)

yamaha-single-exhaust-system.jpg

Attachments

• rsz_p1010878.jpg
    rsz_p1010878.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 96
  • rsz_p1040187.jpg
    rsz_p1040187.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 60
I like the Excell. Its a little loud but not annoying. I really dont have much to compare it to as I only have 300 miles on the phazer so I couldnt give a good performance comparison. Mine was used and cleaned up nicely. The finish is burnt and dulled in some places but nowhere that is seen once mounted. Sorry I dont have any pictures.

T.S.U.Filmz said:
What about skins they have a nice setup looks stock also

Yes they look stock, only 5lb weight savings so it will be a "cherry bomb" style muffler. I think Yamaha had one with their gytr logo on it.

if u can get an excell get it!!!! have had mine since 08.. it still looks and sounds like new..

I have a Barker's. I think I might be one of the only people with one on. Ordered it without the quiet core, and it is loud. I love it, but I have not rode on the trails yet. I think with a long ride, I will be ordering the insert! I love the Barker's, looks and sounds great!

Skinz Ultra Q ceramic has been great on mine, 1,900 miles and looks like new. Saved 6#, LOOKS stock, decent throaty sound but not too loud, and a turnout which keeps stuff from getting melted on my tunnel. Also picked up 2mph and 200-300rpm on the Tach with back to back testing when I installed it so it makes a few ponies.

The Barker's tip can be removed with 3 allen screws and then turned to the side. It still exits out the rear though, the tip is only like a slash cut for auto exhaust. I'm not sure if they offer a turnout, but a custom piece should be somewhat easy to make.

You can also go onto Ebay and grab any 4 stroke muff slip on from honda or yami and any fab shop can have the slip on part welded to your own system in a hour or so. Those set up weigh 2 pounds.

Back