• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thunder Products (Big Venom Viper kit) with Heavy Hitters

NOS-PRO

"The Burnman"
Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder, SR Viper XTX, SR Viper XTX, 2016 Apex XTX and Pro-Line Pro Stock 1000
Thunder Products has a clutch kit now just for the Vipers! The kit is called the Big Venom Viper kit and uses the Heavy Hitter weights that have been around for years which I have used in the RX-1's, Apex and Nytro myself....now my Viper. Lot of testing went into this kit to improve the whole range of performance for the guy who wants good fuel mileage.... to the guy who wants to rail the trail...to the guy going off-trail thru the trees.

These Heavy Hitter weights are balanced out perfectly and the whole kit will come with Heavy Hitter weights with all the hardware for adjustments after more miles and break-in.... (if and when needed), Thunder Products glide washer kit to protect the primary clutch cover (keeps the primary spring from twisting and breaking) and a new secondary spring that not only eliminates the coil bind problem but also makes this kit have very low engagement, pull hard from bottom end to top end and the best part is getting much better fuel economy. The kit complete is $295

Here is an installation video to show you how easy the install is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Still waiting for the kit to show up on the thunder products website !

I will call Lonn again today and let him know about the website...they have been super swamped since Hay Days and I've been helping out with some things on their end. They have been working early mornings till midnight just to get orders filled. Don't know who updates his website....but I know it's not Lonn himself... Sorry about that Eighty8LE

The kits are there in stock if anyone is interested in purchasing a kit....

I will call Lonn again today and let him know about the website...they have been super swamped since Hay Days and I've been helping out with some things on their end. They have been working early mornings till midnight just to get orders filled. Don't know who updates his website....but I know it's not Lonn himself... Sorry about that Eighty8LE

The kits are there in stock if anyone is interested in purchasing a kit....

Good to hear man ! I will be purchasing one within a few weeks

Just got off the phone with Lonn from Thunder Products.... They will be launching their new website very soon, that is why the kit is not on the present website.

Lonn apologizes...but says the kits are ready :)

We will post when it's up and running. If you want you can call Lonn he has all the parts in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have seen 103 to 105 mph on most sleds on good snow conditions.

Loved heavy hitters on my 780 srx and piped and ported sxviper.

Is there a turbo kit

Loved heavy hitters on my 780 srx and piped and ported sxviper.

Is there a turbo kit

Yes I ran the a good portion of last winter and am running them on asphalt. They work great. Here is my trail setup.
58.8g base weight.
Tip Small steel bolt with 2 thin washers.
Middle. Large steel bolt.
Heel. 3/4" set screw.
This while running 6.5# boost.
Orange-pink-orange spring with 2- 1 mm shims.
46/40 helix with pink spring wrapped 6-1.
My clutches are machined for overdrive and secondary spring bind.
Just a note. Thunder products does not sell helix's. I will test with stock helix 43* this winter for people that don't wish to purchase a helix.
Pm me for more info if needed.

Just got off the phone with Lonn myself and he graciously took my money!

Last edited:

Back