• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thunder Products (Big Venom Viper kit) with Heavy Hitters

This is a setup for EVO stage 4 with full exhaust and air bow mod.
48g base weight
Heel. 3/4 set screw
Middle. 3/8 aluminum bolt
Tip. 7/16 steel bolt + 1thick washer

If you need more info feel free to call us at Thunder Products Clutching. 906 484-1650.

Which engagement RPM should I expect with this setup?

Well I finally got to run a few miles with the big venom and it pulls real strong especially in the midrange. Engagement is about 2800.The guys at thunder products were a great help getting the weights setup.now I can hammer it at any speed and dont hit the limiter.merry xmas everyone

Got about 500 miles on my big venom kit now.fastest I've gone is 98 @8900.very happy with that as all my riding is in the trails.engagement is 2800.only other mod is a sandale can.this past wknd raced my buds 2012 pro r 800.we had 3 runs from a 20 mph roll and got him all 3 times by 1 to 3 lenghts up to 90 when we ran out of room.very impressed with this kit.dont hesitate to buy this.

Got about 500 miles on my big venom kit now.fastest I've gone is 98 @8900.very happy with that as all my riding is in the trails.engagement is 2800.only other mod is a sandale can.this past wknd raced my buds 2012 pro r 800.we had 3 runs from a 20 mph roll and got him all 3 times by 1 to 3 lenghts up to 90 when we ran out of room.very impressed with this kit.dont hesitate to buy this.
Is that 98 on the speedo or GPS? You have about 7 left in it without major mods.

Is that 98 on the speedo or GPS? You have about 7 left in it without major mods.
Speedo.i dont think there is any left unless I run it on an ice covered road.don't think top end is any better than stock and I'm okay cause bottom end and mid range are so much better and like I said I trail ride

A 46/40 helix works real good for trail riding as well. My rtx with SPI can, airbox mod, big venom kit and 46/40 helix is a 90mph sled in the worst conditions and a 100mph sled on good groomed trails. Last year I couldn't break 85 across a lake. The helix eliminates track spin on take off as well

A 46/40 helix works real good for trail riding as well. My rtx with SPI can, airbox mod, big venom kit and 46/40 helix is a 90mph sled in the worst conditions and a 100mph sled on good groomed trails. Last year I couldn't break 85 across a lake. The helix eliminates track spin on take off as well

Good spot for that sled. Tweak gearing and take big end up or spice up midrange a bit. With close to same setup, different clutch and belt, my Viper would see 103 - 105 on a gun running on ice.

I added a 46/40 helix to my viper. I was happy with the big venom kit out of the box really woke the sled up. I was running 3/4" in heel, 3/8 aluminum in center and 3/8 aluminum and thick washer in the tip. with glide washer and stock primary spring. Now only thing i changed was the helix to a 46/40. im happy with the bottom end power and holeshot but the midrange to top end is now a dog and only pulling 8600 to 8800 rpms. and my throttle response in the midrange is not there like it was with the stock helix. Not wanting to give up on the 46/40 helix yet just looking on some advice on where to go from here. Sled is completely stock at the moment with yamaha belt.

I added a 46/40 helix to my viper. I was happy with the big venom kit out of the box really woke the sled up. I was running 3/4" in heel, 3/8 aluminum in center and 3/8 aluminum and thick washer in the tip. with glide washer and stock primary spring. Now only thing i changed was the helix to a 46/40. im happy with the bottom end power and holeshot but the midrange to top end is now a dog and only pulling 8600 to 8800 rpms. and my throttle response in the midrange is not there like it was with the stock helix. Not wanting to give up on the 46/40 helix yet just looking on some advice on where to go from here. Sled is completely stock at the moment with yamaha belt.
I have this same setup except I have a thin washer in the tip. Also not sure what belt you’re using but I had problems with the stock 8jp and 8dn dragging my Rpms down. I’ve been using a gates 8jp and have it adjusted to sit flush with the secondary and now it pulls great. 95mph sled on trail and can see 98-100 on hard pack condition. I have a buddy with a 16 zr8000 and we have raced quite a bit and are pretty much dead even every time we race. Whoever gets the jump off the line will win

I read through the post here and it seems the 3/4 heel, 3/8 aluminum middle, and 3/8 steel with thin washer seems to be the setup for stock vipers. I have mine all loaded (55.3g each) up ready to install. Still need the blue secondary spring yet. Has there been any other setups with these weights? Or just fine tune from where I am at? Thanks guys

I read through the post here and it seems the 3/4 heel, 3/8 aluminum middle, and 3/8 steel with thin washer seems to be the setup for stock vipers. I have mine all loaded (55.3g each) up ready to install. Still need the blue secondary spring yet. Has there been any other setups with these weights? Or just fine tune from where I am at? Thanks guys
Mine is stock and I run 2 thin washers in tip as per thunders recommendation and no issues.pulls real strong midrange

That setup should be good.

All sleds are a little different and if the sled bumps the rev limiter on hard take off, you can switch the 3/8 aluminum in the middle to a 3/8 steel in the middle and you will be good.

The Midnight Blue spring will be needed to finish off the kit correctly ;)!

Back