• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

tie rod ends coming apart

My buddy's tie rod end came apart on his 2012 450 kodiak with power steering. he went over the handle bars. This could have been much worse under different circumstances. Is this a common problem, I did some googling and apparently there was a recall for this same problem in the '05-'06's. Looks like they never fixed the problem. Also there are only 1000miles on his machine and it was never abused. It seems like a very stupid design in terms of safety, my polaris sportsmans rod ends cannot separate, a bolt/nut goes right through the ball. We were on a run the other day and at one time we were going down a paved road/hill at near 60mph (atv friendly town), imagine that happening then, he would have been killed for sure.

1st one I have ever heard of.

I know my uncles 92 bear has only had 1 ball joint changed over the years and it has upwards of 10000 miles on it.

Back