• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Timbersled on Stock Rails is TIGHT

Track is Camo 9985. Running stock Rear 7"s. I measured the front arm, its 15" inches bolt to bolt. Yesterday running the 5.25" upper idlers was much better, definately was holding it's own in the 2-3ft of new. See pics: http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=88245

All was good until the last pull of the day on the way out. I got out of the pow onto the road and noticed a ton of vibration. Turns out I popped a c-clip off one of the 5.25' idlers. Yikes.

20100401_231309_P4010278.jpg

Spoke to Timbersled guys today, they suggested I run some 5.63" Arctic Cat idlers. My buddies will love that I put some cat in my sled, hope I can get a green set ;)! . Another storm blowing in for the weekend so I'll try it Saturday..

LOL i know what you meen by having cat parts in your sled. Im running the 2010 cat setup for a 2 axle in the rear of the suspension. whenever i himark my buddies they say its only cause i have the cat parts in there.

there is alot more track adjustment.

it was a whole easier to put the skid in

just seems like the suspension works better

Actually I'm thinking I'll go to ice age rails over the summer. My stockers are pretty beat anyways.

Cat wheels experiment went well yesterday. We had a 4ft dump and it was insanely deep. Second deepest day I've ever ridden. We did some side by side comparisons with my buddy's stock 09 and my sled definitely tracking places the 09 couldn't get to at all (he took the sleds out in the same zone to compare) . Plus the stuck ration was about 5:1 and my buddy is about 10x a better sledder than I am.

Track is still a little tight but much better. Noticed I managed to wear through my Hyfax though on one side. Looks like I might be sitting the next weekend out if I can't get a new set of hyfax installed before then.

what is your driver condition? I have the cat track and my drivers are getting chewed up pretty bad

Got fed up and went ahead and drilled my rails and moved everything back 3/4".
20100417_080655_timbersled_move.jpg

20100417_080735_timbersled_move.jpg

Problem solved. Last weekend she was a wheelie monster though. I need to bring the limiters back down. Figured what the hell, I got some hairline cracks in the rails in the middle of the rails above some of the old holes, so they are about to go anyways. Only got one maybe two rides left in this season..

GC041010tommy002.jpg

tomMTX said:

How close are you rail tips to the drivers? Are the rails pushed into the track more in the front? Different track angle?

MotoPsycho said:
I have done a couple of OFT builds with the Mtn Tamer with zero tensioning problems.

The vibration is generally caused by ice build-up in the tunnel. Pay close attention to vibration in the first half mile of riding. If the sled is clear of snow when you unload, you will find that it takes a bit for the vibration to develop; usually 1-2 miles. If this is the case, don't worry; it is a non-issue!

-Moto

Stock rails, wheels and everything else too .... powerclaw track ...... everything fits great.

I notice the vibration too from ice in the tunnel, and the PC track gives her a little different feel too ......

... all in all no issues and makes the sled 10x the ride.

yamahaboy701 said:
tomMTX said:

How close are you rail tips to the drivers? Are the rails pushed into the track more in the front? Different track angle?

I've missed something here .... why did you move everything back ? :o|

Because his track had no availabilty to loosen it any more and it was bound tight. So he relocated the the arms in order to slide the whole skid forward.

From past experiance with stock rail setup he has plenty of room between the drivers and rails.
mine did anyway

Back