• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Titanium Yoshimura RS5 on an FX Nytro RTX

This sled is HAULIN with this muffler on guys ! Ran against some BIG IRON on the weekend, and the results were quite impressive. Needless to say, I am VERY IMPRESSED with the results of this mod. :Rockon:

Can a guy make an exhaust to come all the way out the back or side so you can haul a jerry can?
Maybe twin side pipes like on the Apex Mtn sled.

Thinking of this for the XTX 144".

under tunnel exhaust is the way to go i believe. waiting for someone to market a seat and exhaust combo for the nytro like TJ"s did for the apex mountain. grapeape's looks and sounds sweet. gives you your tunnel for storage too. and with the exhaust below the tunnel, now the seat can have a rear storage compartment that we dont have now. ski

NyTrOMaNIaC said:
This sled is HAULIN with this muffler on guys ! Ran against some BIG IRON on the weekend, and the results were quite impressive. Needless to say, I am VERY IMPRESSED with the results of this mod. :Rockon:

Is There Any heisitation? How are your plugs is it still running lean do you think? Did you gain on top end or quickness? Thanks :-o

I loved your idea with the yosh so much so that I did it too on my MTX. One quick question I had for you though, I know the gearing and stuff is different on the MTX compared to the RTX but I was just wondering if you ran into any popping noises when giving it WOT. I ran it for the first time today with the new pipe and it kind of surprised me, not sure if it's the rev limiter or not cause its not quite to 9400 when it happens, more like 9100-9200. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I also heard about the CO adjustment you can do, but I'm not sure if that would have anything to do with this either... Thanks so much!

:4STroke:

The CO's adjust your fuel in the beginging your low end, kinda like droping the needles down in a carbarated sled, if your seeing 9400 with your stock cluthing and gearing, your probably way out of your power band so i would think about adjusting your weights so that you see aprox. 8750 i'm thinking. :Rockon:

all the nytros have a lean spot in the mapping and adjusting the CO will not help, didnt on the ones here that has tested it.. contact your dealer and make them logg the issue with yamaha that you have a hesitation somewhere in the midrange... If alot of people logg this they will be faster to make an updated mapping..

So a lean spot would make somewhat of a popping noice when going full throttle? I didn't really notice it before I put the pipe on but then again, maybe the pipe just enhances the sound of it. Or then again, with the added hp of the pipe, maybe I'm hitting the limiter now and I have to weight it down... From what I've hear you shouldn't be seeing anything over 9000 anyways.

You need to add weight to the primary to get the rpms down. My sled has i "sigh" when hitting full trottle, Guess the exhaust enhances it...?

Ok, so I figured I was going to have to have it re-clutched down to lower RPS and after riding it today I'm positive that's the problem. I was easily hitting 9400 even as soon as 3/4 throttle. I've always avoided to my own clutching because of how involved it is but I was just wondering if someone could tell me how hard it is to add weight to the primary on a stock clutch? And how much? Any help is greatly appreciated!

The popping sound is the rev limiter kicking in, should only happen in very loose snow or on ice with no traction. These sleds run rich from factory, the pipe leans it out. but not too lean. You're actually gaining horsepower with the pipe on, so your peak power rpm is at a higher level than stock. Holeshot on mine is around 9250 rpms, drops back to 8700 rpms, and eventually climbs up to around 8980 rpms on a stretch at WOT. The bike pipe mod works guys, I verified it with a very reputable dyno tuner here in NS, I'm sure a few of you know who I'm talking about. ;)!

Nice Mod I had a Vance and Hines pipe off my Buell layin around so I threw that on. Just opening up seems to make a huge difference. Can't beat the sound of a four stroke with a pipe! :yam:

Back