• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Took a demo 4 a ride.....

NytroFever

I left a little disappointed....

First off... Check out the name. I was pretty horny for one.... in the Spring.
I picked up a 700 IQ instead...anyway.

It is true....you can't damn/slag a sled after a 40 minute ride, but you can get a good feel.
The Nytro was nothing like I expected, (well the seat was wide).
There was no feedback from the steering and the lack of steering control was kinda...scary.
The seat is comfortable...but doesn't allow for any real movement. You either sit there....or stand. No room for knees either.
The 135hp sure doesn't feel like it. It is nice of course. But I was expecting a lower end launch capability, not just a nice punch and a strong midrange.
The engine does sound nice and not burning oil was a pleasant difference during the ride...you could almost smell nature ;)!

I just couldn't get it to do anything right. I would recommend anyone who hasn't been on one yet....please take one for a rip. It might not be what you think it is.

I'm sure someone will bring up set-up...but that doesn't wash. Set-up is fine tuning, any sled should be able to turn at 25-30mph without having to fight with it.

I grabbed a Vector and an Apex later in the day. I would take either of those over the Nytro hands down. They turned.....LOL

this story sounds like it has been said before

Edited by The BOUNTYHUNTER, as that was Totally Uncalled For Period. Any more of that and YOUR GONE!.

Wait isnt the seat for sitting? haha or standing yes. As far as Yamaha skis in general they are very sub par. It seems everyone on this website has either thrown there stock skis away or put some kind of different carbines on them. Its all about set up, after riding the sled for a day as you said.

-James

I think you rode a lemon. I hated 4-strokes the IQ 700 is sweet but a good Nytro will pull hard.

I had the same feeling when i demo'd a phazer 07
Riding position was new to me, 4-stroke engine braking was new to me, darting(setup) caused me to roll it on the flats..
I still bought one, and love every minute of it takes
a while to get used to, even at the start of my second season.

Back