• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Took new leftover 17 sidewinder for a ride.

waist o time - so ya - back to the focus - a built ski doo 12 is not even close aaaa - or any donkey - my buds r busy rebuilding there 2 smokes from burn downs or who knows... they gota be the worst

Last edited:

Yes Yamaha did a heck of a job with this engine package......but turbo lag? I am unaware of any turbo lag. I have ridden a few stock ones and a 270 tuned one too. That's what the closed loop design is all about, virtually eliminating turbo lag. Check out page 7 on the pdf file.

http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Gensis-Turbo-FINAL.pdf
This is hard to miss on page 10 of the above "Note: There is an optional accessory ‘fresh-air’ intake kit planned to assist hi-altitude and extreme operation."
Did this ever materialize ?

Correct, these sleds are very soft with factory tuning below 7000 RPM. They limit boost to keep you out of midrange knock. Tune it and have fun.

Back