• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top speed on your sled?

bummerman said:
135 on the dreamometer and still pulling hard when I blew the thottle bodies off with a 174 X 15 X 2.5. Not exactly stock though.

I'm assuming you were in deep, deep powder to get the track spinning like that? But wow, that a lot of power! I'm anxious to see hom my new to me MTX goes this winter (if we even get winter this year :o| ). I know my heavily modded Mt Viper topped out out like 78 mph. But I certainly didnt buy the MTX for operating on trails, I'm hoping for some good off trail riding around here and a trip out west this winter.

:Rockon:

Finally able to get my MTX out on some snow this year.
Going across the Turtle Flambeu Flowage.
116 on the dream-o-meter.
Track cut down, Drag n fly clutch weights w/ red HC spring in primary, secondary wound 6-3, 22/40 gears.
Pulls like a freight train.

Super Sled said:
bummerman said:
135 on the dreamometer and still pulling hard when I blew the thottle bodies off with a 174 X 15 X 2.5. Not exactly stock though.

I'm assuming you were in deep, deep powder to get the track spinning like that? But wow, that a lot of power! I'm anxious to see hom my new to me MTX goes this winter (if we even get winter this year :o| ). I know my heavily modded Mt Viper topped out out like 78 mph. But I certainly didnt buy the MTX for operating on trails, I'm hoping for some good off trail riding around here and a trip out west this winter.

:Rockon:

Hard pack trail. 300+HP form that supercharger is unforgiving, but fun

Since I started this post my sled would top out around 86mph. Since then I added heavier weights and changed the spring to the lower elevation one recommended by yamaha. On hard pack the old girl hit 101mph on the spedo. Thats more then enough for me. Only thing I wish the sled had now was better mpg.

Back