• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top Speed / Service Manual

Mad Russian said:
I had a gps on my nytro and i can tell u that 114 is 109.. Its 5 mph off exactly ;)! :sled1:

Thats what I was looking for I never gps'd a nytro I have on many rx, apex, attacks, pro r 800's and my vipere XTX.

So the unit on the Nytro is not as bad as most of the prior speedometers at over 10% they are closer to 4%-5%

Good to know!

IA Rider said:
The exhaust is why the nytro is faster. My 2011 XTX ran 112 on speedo 104 on gps.

See now thats closer to 10% I guess it has more to do with track spin

I can hold my viper wot for ever and not see anything higher than 87 on a freshly groomed trail, but on really hard packed lake it'll do 95+, As where my nytro wouldn't have such big difference in top speed between the two conditions.

Yamadog said:
scott32 said:
Here's a stock Nytro XTX.... Draw your own conclusions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWBGkB_mCa8

Put a gps next to speedometer. My rx-1 with stroked 189 hp (dynoed) apex motor and gearing and overdrive would read 138 with 1 tooth on the gear removed and was 132 on radar. my apexs would read 124 and were 112 ish on GPS and radar. My Viper XTX reads 106 and is about 104 on the GPS. The problem is the Yamaha dreamometer has led a lot to believe they are faster than they are.

Anyone have a video of a nytro with gps #'s

My turbo nytro xtx did 120 gps verified with 23 top gear and 1.5" track.
And it also did 118 on speedo with stock gearing and 1.75 backcountry track. 10# of boost, with lc pistons.

Have you verified your Viper speed with GPS? I've got a buddy with a turbo'd Viper and he was complaining about not seeing speeds over 95mph. Turns out his speedo is significantly off on the low side. On GPS, he's close to 11mph faster than speedo. Odometer is off com paired to my LTX too. When mine reads 150 mi, his reads 137 mi. No clue what that is all about, but some of you complaining of low top end may have the same issue his sled has. Run it GPS to find out for sure. Don't just assume your speedo is close like most Vipers seem to be.

Well I have not seen top speed yet. After a motor blow and rebuild then taking it to 12# set up I only got it back last week with another break in to do. At the end of the weekend and over 440 miles after breaking I am seeing 106 easy with more to go but no place I was compfy taking it any further.

I did run it before the rebuild 1 time and 103 I think on speedo and 101 on gps . I do know the xtx is geared lower and I have overdrive sheaves on mine so I should be able to pick up 4 to 5 mph over stock gears. I don't know if all of this plays with the miles driven odometer cause all of them have the same units in them and I do not know where the pick up is on these. Is it on the driveshaft like the other yammi's?

Gearing will help. But the fact is that the Viper chassis is NOT built for speed!!!

Ive saw a top speed on speedo of 92 have yet to compare to gps.. but might have to wait till next season

Sled is xtx bone stock. And just shy of 1000 miles

112 today on my ltx se with mcx turbo. mcx clutch weight. different helix. white secondary spring. problem is. i can t get any belt to last more than 500 miles. probably couldve had more speed. but ran outta room

kritter5150 said:
112 today on my ltx se with mcx turbo. mcx clutch weight. different helix. white secondary spring. problem is. i can t get any belt to last more than 500 miles. probably couldve had more speed. but ran outta room

coughs (8DN) coughs

stingray719 said:
kritter5150 said:

coughs (8DN) coughs

coughs ( nytro belt only lasted 150 miles ) coughs. lol. on a side note. sled was a rocketship today. trails perfect. so much fun. except for the belt breaking with only 5 miles to get home

Some day when the US catches up to the rest of the world you may find your speedos are more accurate. My 04 Viper on a .8 K run would do 170 K, turn around and reset gauge to MPH and it would do 112 MPH on the same day same track, dream meter was in MPH out 6 , MPH 10 KPH. GPS said speedo was out 2% in KPH, 7% in MPH.
My Nytro versus my wifes Viper are less than 1% difference in a 250 K ride. GPS says they are both within 1%.

PS
I would be absolutely thrilled if the Viper could run with the Nytro (in 600 feet it needs 6 lengths) the Viper only pulls 140 K in that distance.

Back