• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top Speed Survey

How fast is your Viper on normal trails?

• Total voters
You betcha bud! :) ;)!

Agree with everything you said there.... especially the part where so many people were turned away or just turned off by the Viper.
BTW, I can't wait to come back and change my vote to over 100MPH!

Old Forge shootout turbo viper ran 87 in 1000 ft. and the stock Viper ran 80 in 1000 ft. The turbo was set up to Yamaha's warranty standards 4 or 5 pounds of boost I would think. The 800 all ran around 87 in 1000 ft.

Old Forge shootout turbo viper ran 87 in 1000 ft. and the stock Viper ran 80 in 1000 ft. The turbo was set up to Yamaha's warranty standards 4 or 5 pounds of boost I would think. The 800 all ran around 87 in 1000 ft.
Makes sense. Turbo takes the sled from a very strong 600 class to an 800 class. It brings the HP above any other stock sled. If well set up, it should theoretically out run anything stock with little difficulty.

My old Viper was a consistent 85 to 90 MPH sled only ideal condition would the sled see over 90 and one time I saw 95 and that was because the suspension was so soft the sled was dragging the snow flap. I am on the lakes so the sled is to the bar a lot.:die

This was one of my Nytro (82mph) and Viper runs in 450 ft. radar .... This was 2014 with clutching and aftermarket muffler. I got 2nd this event with an 84mph and the kid placed 3rd with an 83mph on the Nytro. A piped, clutched and picked modded Thundercat won it with an 85mph. I can't believe the mph isn't more for them racing 1000 feet.

Wish I could have been at the shootout

2014 Bone stock Viper LTX SE 86 MPH in about 1000-1250 ft in trail conditions , hardpack with some powder on top , 1.6 track no studs 137" 225lb rider and Im as aerodynamic as a block .
ECU was flashed sled has 114 miles on it at the end of the day , prob had 50 or so miles when I was doing this

We have very good conditions near Maine/ Quebec borders this year. My XTX is constantly running over 160km/h everyday. 168 is the average max speed when the snow is dry. Hit 170km/h on a plowed road. 145lbs rider, Sandale muffler and stock 8GL tweeked a bit ;).

Oh, and by the way this is with a 8FP belt which have more than 8000km on it.

2015 rtx le with 240 hp hurricane turbo...hitting 118mph consistantly on gps in conditions that 800s are running 90-95. Also consistantly grenading belts though.

Edit also a slightly modded apex ridden by a good friend of mine is walking away from me still....those things are so fast.

Last week before the battery issue on a plowed road slightly up hill I hit 118mph and it was climbing. Only hitting 8550rpm up top with the 8JP belt. About 2000' and temp was 10*f.

And my buddies XF 800 137 w/ 144 studs was only hitting 90-92mph on trail snow. 17*f

Back