• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track clips and Studs, need help

What I did on my 07 Attak with the stock rip saw at 6,000 miles was, took a small hole saw and drilled open the closed windows, squared out the round holes with a utility knife. Took the sled to my dealer and had him fully clip the track with clips I supplied from Dennis Kirk, $100 labor . My dealer's clip tool looks like a big bolt cutter and tightens the clips like factory! Installed DuPont slides and put 10'000+ miles on with zero issues! It was a lot of work, but well worth it! ;)!

This is the tool I have, owned it for 15 years and have done many clips. Re-clipped the whole track on my Wifes stock 1" track on her old 03 RX at 4k miles in 06. Came with two different size dies for different clip/track window sizes. Bought it used off Craigslist locally for $50.00 after a guy re-clipped his track. Works good and can be done with track and suspension sled still on sled.
clip tool.png

Back