• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

track clips

No ....get the tool and don't get the cheap one get the good one it will last seen them on eBay for 35 buck will work for about 20 then go to h$&& after that . Tried them before

I know a lot of people swear by the anvil style(threaded block), but up until 2 years ago I preferred the 2 piece plier style. If you are strong enough you can clip a track much quicker with the same crimp quality as using the anvil style and a heck of a lot less hassle.

2 years ago I bought out the remaining inventory of a Yamaha dealership that went under and in one of the boxes was a bolt cutter style crimper. This requires removing the skid to use, but it is by far the best track clip crimping method.

There are a couple options, but they all require you to buy some sort of tool to property crimp the clip.

I have the 35$ one off ebay and it's still working and I just installed 90+ clips at the start of the year

Kyle

Re: Clips

RoyalBlue said:
Buy a new track you are just putting off a failure , do not waste your time or life.
This is just not true. I will take the next track you replace because the clips are worn.

Thanks

macpat said:
What is the best way to put on track clips, do I need to buy the $100 special tool?

tracksusa.com

They sell the bolt cutter style of track clip crimper. Look at the very bottom of their miscellaneous page. $175 dollars. No using an impact or ratchet. Just put the clip in the window, crimp and move on to the next. Sweet!

APEX 06 said:
cudase said:
RoyalBlue said:
Buy a new track you are just putting off a failure , do not waste your time or life.
This is just not true. I will take the next track you replace because the clips are worn.

Thanks

X2

I need to replace 7 track clips on a sno scoot track, I figured since it was missing some I should replace them. I am not sure that this will be risking my life doing this on a sno scoot??? That's why I was hoping to buy a cheap tool that works, hoping to make the track last longer.

northernsledder.jk said:
macpat said:
What is the best way to put on track clips, do I need to buy the $100 special tool?

tracksusa.com

They sell the bolt cutter style of track clip crimper. Look at the very bottom of their miscellaneous page. $175 dollars. No using an impact or ratchet. Just put the clip in the window, crimp and move on to the next. Sweet!

Bolt cutter style, thats the ones i was looking at. Cool.

macpat said:
APEX 06 said:
cudase said:
RoyalBlue said:

Thanks

X2

I need to replace 7 track clips on a sno scoot track, I figured since it was missing some I should replace them. I am not sure that this will be risking my life doing this on a sno scoot??? That's why I was hoping to buy a cheap tool that works, hoping to make the track last longer.
Even replacing every single one on an Apex would not be risking your life. Track clips are not a structural component of the track, but rather a wear component. Missing track clips is not an indication of a structurally flawed track. If they were structural components you would only see fully clipped tracks being sold. However, this is not a free pass to reclip a structurally damage track and ride it.

Back