• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Strapping Tunnel for Driveshaft Circlips - TIGHT

jross2828

Country
USA
Snowmobile
ZR7000
Howdy,

I've chatted with @cannondale27 on the side about this. 2014 ZR7000 here being refreshed after wobble bearing failure. Completely new chaincase, new bearings all around, BOP Repair bearing plus a ton of skid work. As others have mentioned I needed to strap my tunnel to get my clips on. After a few straps and more force than I'd think I'd need I was able to get the clips on. Tightened up repair bearing retainers with success.

I tried to spin the driveshaft with track lifted up (skid is removed) and it was hard as hell to turn. One hand on Cog and other on rotor I'm able to get it to turn but it seems like more force than you'd want. With the clips out and chains on it spun smooth as silk, could spin it with my pinky moving chains and jackshaft with hardly any effort.

Those that have strapped your tunnel does this seem right to you? My track has always been hard to turn by hand but had some issues with the skid that I know weren't helping (all have been addressed).

Hopefully I'm looking into it too much.

Put my mind to ease.

It shouldn’t be a problem as it puts pressure on the inner race and shaft and should not hamper the rolling resistance of the bearings.

I just did mine, no problems.

Back