• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

track noise proper deflection ?

darrens66

anybody know about what to set the track deflection at. i put on a hacksaw clipped every third window i have anti rachet drivers and the extra wheel kit. i set the track at 1 3/4 in. at 16lb pull at center. rode this weekend for first time has a nasty howl at 40mph on up. kinda of like a vibration to i feel on my feet everything is lined up and i put new bearings in it. i think maybe the track might be to loose anybody got any other suggestions. i should be able to run that track loose with those drivers i just dont know how loose over the stock spec. any help would be apreciated.

my money is on the track being too tight!
i just replaced my sliders on my ripsaw and i left it as loose as i dared and have not noticed any howl in all kinds of conditions.
oh yeah, forgot to mention that i cut all the windows out last year and that helped too.

man i dont know you would think 1 3/4in of delection at 16lbs would not be to tight but maybe ill have to play with it and see i know it rolls real nice by hand and hardly notice engine brake anymore so iwas thinking maybe to loose

darrens66 said:
anybody know about what to set the track deflection at. i put on a hacksaw clipped every third window i have anti rachet drivers and the extra wheel kit. i set the track at 1 3/4 in. at 16lb pull at center. rode this weekend for first time has a nasty howl at 40mph on up. kinda of like a vibration to i feel on my feet everything is lined up and i put new bearings in it. i think maybe the track might be to loose anybody got any other suggestions. i should be able to run that track loose with those drivers i just dont know how loose over the stock spec. any help would be apreciated.

Ummmm......OK first off, you obviously cut out the closed windows on the track, right? Not to sure, but I think with extroverts you would want a fully clipped track???

no i didnt cut the windows out it came that way cliped every third hole i thought about that maybe the lack of clips is causeing the howl i talked to some guys at work we all do a fair share of raceing they said it didnt have to be clipped every hole but i guess it could cause noise maybe they are wrong

darrens66 said:
no i didnt cut the windows out it came that way cliped every third hole i thought about that maybe the lack of clips is causeing the howl i talked to some guys at work we all do a fair share of raceing they said it didnt have to be clipped every hole but i guess it could cause noise maybe they are wrong

OK. That's good. You will be putting more pressure on the rod that runs across the track at those locations. Might be a good idea to clip them???? Not sure. This skid does howl a little and cause some vibration. The 196 nails will not help this. I would loosen it more and see if it ratchets. Keep doing this until you ratched and tighten a little. You will probably be that much sag with no pull.

track howl

I believe its your anti rachet drivers. I just installed wahl drivers and a fully clipped cobra track and the drivers are worn every third space between the extros on the outside of the drivers I believe the track clips that are up against the side of the track nub is the culprit and after some time the driver will get broken in. If you go to whals website they tell you to run the track tight the first couple of rides to break in drivers

Back