• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track Questions

MAMILLA

Extreme
Guys im still undecided. What should I do? Should I go with the Challenger Extreme or Power Claw, and should I stay with the 153" track or go with the 162" track? I want the best results for a stock sled no boost.

Another question what type of track is this? It came off an 08 Arctic Cat. It looks a lot like the extreme but the ad I was looking at said it is a challenger. He only wants 300 for it brand new condition, and if its not the extreme what is the difference they look the same. The size is 153x15x2.25.

Attachments

• 9375463.jpg
    9375463.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 95
That appears to me to be a stock Arctic Cat pulloff Challenger Extreme...it's a bit of a misnomer...it's not the 2.5 hard paddle track that everyone raves about, is a mid compound track that's 2.25" paddle. Much better than the maverick, for sure.....not sure how much better the 2.5" extreme is for the kind of snow you're riding in.

MAMILLA said:
Guys im still undecided. What should I do? Should I go with the Challenger Extreme or Power Claw, and should I stay with the 153" track or go with the 162" track? I want the best results for a stock sled no boost.
I'm very happy with my camo extreme 156x2.5x16. Awesome in powder but not so long that it feels like you are driving a school bus. Works well with or without boost. That track has been around a long time, you should be able to pick one up used in the swap for $3-400.
HC

I run that exact track on my nytro. Night and day difference from the mav. The paddles aren't as stiff as the extreme but I have not had any problems and I have 1700 miles on it. 300 bucks is a good price. Port that bad boy and go.

You need to change some rivets and bolts to get it to fit

i run the powerclaw on my mtx, we put an 08 cat challenger take off on the wifes mtx. both tracks are night and day difference from the stock maverick. you wont be sorry for the purchase of that take off track. decent pricing too. ski

Sorry to add a question here, but......

When we talk about pitch, and lug heighth, what will work on the stock FXNytro? What pitch do we need to be looking at? What other brand stock sleds ise the same? Can you squeeze a 2.5 inch lug heighth in there?

When I go looking at the swaps this summer, what sleds should I be on the look out for when I am snooping?

How much better in climbing does the challenger tracks work than the maverick? I feel like I can't get any momentum with the stock maverick.

Thanks,
Steve

3.0" pitch (shared by newer M series Arctic Cats)
2.5" will fit just fine

I'd stay with the 153 if you do more boondocking and jumps, go 162 if you do more highmarking

How do the 162's fit with rail extensions on the stock 153" rails. Since there is an aggressive tipped up angle in the back of the rails, I'm afraid that the back of the skid would be way off the ground if I added extensions. Please comment or post pics of nytro 153 rails with ext. to 162.

My dealer has performed lots of upgrades to 162" and I have heard they work well. Sorry, no pics. I agree with SilentSno that staying with the 153" is better unless you are looking to primarily highmark. If your looking to highmark, you will also need a turbo or :nos !!!

The actual distance you will be extending the rails is only 4.5 inches. One of the advantages to extending the 153 with tipped-up rails is it will steer easier (on hard back) due to the tipped-up rails. I had a 151 extended to a 162 and felt it worked extremely well.

Back