• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TRACK QUESTIONS

MAMILLA

Extreme
I PUT A BRAND NEW CHALLEGER TRACK THE TAKE OFF OF ARCTIC CAT AND IT WAS 10 TIMES BETTER THAN THE STOCKER. I WAS JUST WONDERING WOULD THE POWERCLAW BE EVEN BETTER. I STYED WITH THE 153

Hi, I went for the Power Claw, but it`s not fully clipped. Does it need to be. Running a stock Nytro, may be a turbo next season.

Does it tear more on the drivers or what ?

What is the difference ?

Thanks

ntm_08

went powerclaw, didnt clip it, am boosted...it did well...am going longer and taller on lugs...

I am wondering the same thing MAMILLA and Idaho Nytro are asking. Either $350 for a brand new arctic cat challenger 153 or almost $600 for the powerclaw. Powerclaw worth it?

Here is what I learned from Tracks usa. There are 2 challenger extremes. The ones off the Arctic Cats is a softer compound than the actual ones sold as aftermarket C-Extremes. Hence the price difference. I just sprung the extra 300 bones for the aftermarket one. I could not decide as lots of good has been said here about the AC ones. But then decided the cat guys were selling them for some reason.
So, I upgraded.

Good luck, either will be a great improvement over what is there. I stayed with the 153 myself.

Well - to further that question, is the 153 aftermarket a softer durometer than the 156 and 162? I was planning on going to the 156 2.5" (even though this might be a bit much for a non-boosted) because of the supposed harder durometer in that track. Any opinions?

Tracks USA said that the original artic cat belt is softer (70/75 Durometer) than the "after market" belt is (80 Durometer), then comes the 156> with 2.5 `Lugs that are 90 Durometer.

ntm_08

my opinion, and that is all it is...if your going to buy aftermarket, why would you not get the 2.5" it is night and day difference with the 2.25" doesnt seem like it should be, but it is...

I am going 2.5" and 174" long...would go 3" if i didnt have to do so much surgery to get the sled there...

mtdream,
I agree, go with the 2.5 but I can't find a 153x2.5 track except this one I found on camoplast website:
challenger
9785M
15" x 153"
2.5"
50 lbs
3"
Pace 2 / 1.5"
Powder / Firm snow

I believe the pace two means it clipped every other right? Does anybody know who sells this track? I can't find anybody that sells it.

yeah ditto that, get an off-set axle and wheels to bling it up some...scmurs and Moto would hook you up well!!!

more track, more fun!!!

Im in the process of going to the 156x16x2.5 with a big wheel kit for this season. I can post more once we start getting some snow. About 4" up there right now.

Back