• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track Rubbing the Support Braket on the New Apex

Here you go !

mli8mt.jpg
[/img]

DAMN...... what hapened to the Yamaha of old

I'll always bleed blue, as most know I've waited over a year to buy an 07' because of this reason, new sled , problems/stumbling blocks etc.. BUT DAMN Yamaha should have logged alot more miles on all the 06' sleds to discover all these little problems!
Every topic you go into seems like everyone is having nagging problems from avoidable things, "had" they spent more time on the sleds to discover these problems! Wether you go to RS section, Attack section, Apex GT section, numerous problems and as some of the guys have said this shouldn't be happening REGUARDLESS of the problems being relatively simple things.
Alot of us live in area's where going to your dealer for a warranty issue is not as easy as you might assume. I'm lookin at a thousand dollars to get my sled to an authorized dealer for warranty issue's. If it's a simple problem i'll do the work and my dealer already said he'll cover the parts, or I'll have to pay the local shop's labor cost. So if I have an expensive or in depth warranty issue then I'm screwed and this is after spending almost twenty grand on two new sleds. Now some of the guys are getting some miles on the Attacks and having the chain cases come apart from a design problem . Makes me wonder what else is coming...... obviously Yamaha hasn't done alot of testing on the sleds before the consumer seen them.
Come on YAMAHA , were missing that incredible dependability/build quality we enjoyed through the Ninties and early 2000. I'm now worried about this Phazer and all the little problems that will surface with it, I mean how many miles can they log testing the machines when there are only a handful of them now? Being they've been developing, working on it since 2001 makes me feel a little better but geeze it's not easing my concerns any when every where I go I here about new surfacing problems. :o|
Does this type of information get to Yamaha, all these consumers from a yamaha specific forum like this giving solid informaion on the problems with there sleds. You would think they would use this wealth of information to help there development and reputation.
These type's of on going problems are getting around and sadly it's starting to effect the reputation of Yamaha. This is just my observation from going to numerous places on the net. I hope in the hype of all the new technology and new sleds they don't loose the most important part of there herritage, solid, dependable machines .

Have the yamaha plate but it doesn't cover the exhaust clamp that I seem to knock loose. Need a plate like victorboys picture. Where do you get those?

Plate

I got that one from Red Deer Yamaha. I needed something quick the day before a ride and that was what was available. At first i thought it wasn't that great of a product but now after seeing what is out there i think it is the nicest one. Works perfect. My track has 1600km and looks new. I hope this helps.

victorboy, like that skid plate. It looks like it covers the clamps. I keep tearing my clamps loose. Do you have a number for the dealer who sells them? Thanks

Back