• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track Rubbing the Support Braket on the New Apex

Mine was delivered to me with the straps in the loosest position, first hole. Haven't changed it .

I wonder if some dealers setups were different than others ? Hmmmm

I have the same problem on mine. I heard it hitting on the second ride. It was on a trail with some deep whoops on it. Since then, I put the springs on their stiffest settings and I adjusted the transfer rods to couple the suspension sooner. So far it seams to be working. I do have damage to my track already which sucks. No missing paddles but lots with damage to them.

track

today when i was hitting bumps and doing catwalk rite as the skis would come off the ground there would be a liek a grinding sound like the tracki hitting something so im going to have to tkae a better looks.

Mine is loosest as well. Not hits yet but I haven't hit any big whoops or jumped it.... yet.

And Lazy as stated by others in this thread get lost. If you're going to take issue with every comment made that you don't agree with we don't need you here. We're looking for solutions on this forum not arguments from people who don't even own an Apex Mountain. There are quite a few people on this thread having the same problem its not a hoax or an urban legend. So unless you have a solution for us please don't post anymore.

Yesterday I was going to take that brace out, but after looking and trying to get it to hit ? I thought I would post pics first. Front straps are not changed from factory and are in the loosest position. 160 mi. not a mark on the track. ?????

Attachments

• CIMG0019.JPG
    CIMG0019.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 91
  • CIMG0020.JPG
    CIMG0020.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 100
The fix to this problem shouldn't take setting the suspension to accomodate not hitting. The customer should be able to set the suspension in every position it has for different conditions, not adjust it one way just to stop a problem. Every rider likes the setup different, I personally like the way it is now and I am getting my track cut. This is a problem that Yamaha has to fix to keep me riding one!!

My Apex is still in my garage with 0 miles and I want to start riding in a couple of weeks.
I'll wait for a fix if I have to but would like to use it ... :o| (if it can do it without damage)
Has anyone had the track hit the brace when the limiter straps are left all the way down?

Never tried it in the "trench" position, sucked it up a couple of holes right from the start so it would get up on the snow faster. Shouldn't have to run with the straps all the way out. I am thinking of making a little skid plate to attach on the casting and run forward, i don't wnt to rip up my tunnel, track or turbo.

The longer my neighbor and I looked at our Apex mt. we decided that the bracket that the track is hitting is the snow flap bracket on a short track that Yamaha just left on the Mountain sled. We took some good pics of the track hitting this bracket and our Yamaha dealer is going to send it to the company tomarrow and let us know what they say. FYI!!

The longer my neighbor and I looked at our Apex mt. we decided that the bracket that the track is hitting is the snow flap bracket on a short track that Yamaha just left on the Mountain sled. We took some good pics of the track hitting this bracket and our Yamaha dealer is going to send it to the company tomarrow and let us know what they say. FYI!!

Sweet, I agree that its most likely a short track deal but I'd rather not remove it till I know for sure. Keep us posted.

This is not a new thing, any RX1 with a mod suspension that transferred weight well did the same thing( With after market tunnel extension) The stock tunnel was flush there and it only left rubber tracks without damage.
Most guys jacked the sleds up high enough so they don't hit. Sucking in the limiter strap in the front helps. Mine curled forward just perfect so now it only hits the round edge if you catwalk it through bad whoops. The damage to the 2" track was minimal.
I am looking at building a muffler that will totally eliminate the need for the casting and just put a aluminum cover over the hole.
As for the apex I will try to get a taller rear drop braked made out of aluminum as well as trim the casting by about 1" in the back.
I hope to have enough snow to try it soon.

Stubble Jumper said:
We went riding last weekend with 3 new apex's and on the one apex we noticed there was some wear on the trac. When we got looking a little closer we noticed a lot of damage to the underneith of the tunnle to all three sleds. The support braket was broke and the tunnle was cracked outward about 1 inch on one sled. We took our sleds into Red Deer Power sports and got looking at all the new sleds and when the suspension is compressed the trac is rubbing the support braket and tunnle. Pic's were taken and sent to yamaha. The guys at Red Deer Yamaha have got skid plates made to protect our tracs from catching the braket until yamaha can come up with a fix.

Just noticed this also. This is not good, I am glad I did not buy this year now.

powder muncher said:
This is not a new thing, any RX1 with a mod suspension that transferred weight well did the same thing( With after market tunnel extension) The stock tunnel was flush there and it only left rubber tracks without damage.
Most guys jacked the sleds up high enough so they don't hit. Sucking in the limiter strap in the front helps. Mine curled forward just perfect so now it only hits the round edge if you catwalk it through bad whoops. The damage to the 2" track was minimal.
I am looking at building a muffler that will totally eliminate the need for the casting and just put a aluminum cover over the hole.
As for the apex I will try to get a taller rear drop braked made out of aluminum as well as trim the casting by about 1" in the back.
I hope to have enough snow to try it soon.

Like I said, I paid good money for a new sled and I shouldn't have to fix a production flaw in the sled. This is a Yamaha problem that Yamaha should fix.

Wow! This should have never happened to you guys. They obviously did'nt get the (proper) R+D done before production on these mtn's. You could add tunnel protectors to them much like the flat land sleds. This would allow the track to slide graciously under the cast alum protrusion without harm. Ala- Artic Cat ETT chassis. Granted, you shouldnt have to do this to your new sleds, but if you want to prevent damage to track and tunnel, you may have to. Good luck Guys. Mike Knapp #17

Back