• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track Super Tight

nswsparky

Pro
Website
www.nsw4x4.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Phazer
Ok I just got done installing my new stock replacement 144" track in my FX with Tracks USA rail extension. I also put new anti Ratchet 9 tooth to replace the stock 9 tooth. The problem is the adjusters are loosened all the way up and the track is pretty dang tight we had to pull the rear spring bogie wheels to get the skid in. It has had the 144 in it before but it had a tear the adjusters where almost all the way loose with that track also.
Here is a pic of my concerns
This pic is with the old track . The red arrow points to the rear most vertical set of bump-stops it has always been against the rear one. I have seen pictures of other Phazers and the arm is in the middle position not touching ether one. Where should it be.
Then the brown arrow that arm as you can see it is pointing a little downward now with the new track it is pretty much horizontal and it seems like I lost a little bit of travel with the new track. At what angle should it be at?
suspension.png

Sag causes arm to rest on Transfer blocks "bumpstops".Raise the back of sled off ground and take a pic.If track sags a inch run it since it will only stretch from there.Otherwise maybe your extensions are made wrong.It is normal to remove the spring bogeys.I always do to make install easier.

it sags 0" I think it is so tight that it is holding the suspension compressed. It worked just fine on the exact same track before. I had my skid apart, is there any way to put it together wrong and get it to go in but be too tight. I do see I put my rear shock in upside down but that should not make much of a difference in track tension.

your track will stretch.... quite a bit... red arrow... as stated these are your transfer blocks, the wifes phazer sits right in the middle. when sitting on sled. your arm should not be touching... these couple rear to front arms... yours looks ok in pic should be in center or towards front.

your rear mounting bolts in pic look ok... these should be pointing down just like in pic... if yours are horizontal were they put on the sline in correct position?? i've done that in the past, not putting these in right orientation...

sherlock29 said:
your rear mounting bolts in pic look ok... these should be pointing down just like in pic... if yours are horizontal were they put on the sline in correct position?? i've done that in the past, not putting these in right orientation...

What do you mean by sline, i did not take them off the shaft

I think he means "spline" and there are index marks on the shaft and clamp mount. They're just punch marks but they should be aligned together. They might be hard to see on yours though because of the corrosion.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 97
I never took apart the splied part. Here is how it sits the rear bar is a little bit off resting on the blocks when sitting on the ground
2011-11-26_12-41-26_644.jpg

I was just wondering if this is put together correctly. the shock body is within a 1/4" of hitting the track, I might have put the bottom of the linkage together incorrectly.
2011-11-26_12-40-30_422.jpg

2011-11-26_12-37-16_472.jpg

2011-11-26_12-39-43_703.jpg

2011-11-26_12-40-12_989.jpg

Actually from what I can see it appears alright. I can't see the rear shock mount but I think you better look at the index marks on the splined shaft it doesn't look right. It doesn't matter if you didn't touch it perhaps the previous owner did. It looks rotated into an over center position.
You can find a parts breakdown in the Phazer sticky notes it will help. Also check out Ronnies
http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/ and use their OEM fiche. Good Luck and let us know what you find

Have you tried running the sled and getting it up to speed? Does it run like the brakes are on?

It could be that you just have a track made on the tighter end of tolerance and just needs to loosen up.

Grimm said:
Have you tried running the sled and getting it up to speed? Does it run like the brakes are on?

It could be that you just have a track made on the tighter end of tolerance and just needs to loosen up.
You can see that the rear skid attach point is out of kilter. The pinch clamp is too horizontal.

canoehead said:
You can see that the rear skid attach point is out of kilter. The pinch clamp is too horizontal.

There are little "dots" or "punch holes" to line to to set it back to the position it was from the factory.

yamahas said:
canoehead said:

There are little "dots" or "punch holes" to line to to set it back to the position it was from the factory.
I mentioned the index (PUNCH) marks earlier but he just stated that he didn't touch them. I said perhaps the previous owner might have. Who knows??

canoehead said:
yamahas said:
canoehead said:

I mentioned the index (PUNCH) marks earlier but he just stated that he didn't touch them. I said perhaps the previous owner might have. Who knows??

Sorry! I had not seen that - Blackberry browsing...

Sorry! I had not seen that - Blackberry browsing...[/quote]

Damn Crackberry's!! LOL

hey guys,,, yes i ment exactly what you are saying.. looks like the the " pinch clamp" as you were saying is too horizontal, this would slightly load the suspension.... because of the small amount of geometry change....

but your all right... went out and looked at the wifes and this looks like its about a tooth off.

sparky.. take a pic of each side close up.

Back