• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Traction problem with my Grizzly 660 and ITP tires.

grizzlyokie

I took the griz out for a ride for the first time with my new ITP tires.

Tires are ITP mudlites, 26x12x10 in front and 26x12x12 in back.

It did fine on the trails, pack dirt, some mud, lots of leaves and tree debrie.

It did fine on the wet sand and crossing the river channels presented no problems.

BUT in blow sand or white loose sand traction sucks. Tires want to just dig in and sink down. I had to give it extra throttle over the stock tires just to get through, then when I would hit a run of wet or damp sand the tires would grab and take off.

also the ATV now drifts alot in the loose sand, takes alot out of you in a 10 hour ride to keep it tracking right.

I also had a problem with the bottom of the rear wheel fenders digging into the tires. I moved the ice chest to the front rack that helped. Guess I need to adjust the rear shocks up a couple more notches.

Any advice you guys can give to help me with the problem on loose sand or should I just live with it.

In loose sand you need a lot of tire making contact with the sand. Stock tires that are will used will work better than mudders. With the Griz you probably don't have enough wheel speed to keep from digging in. I think I will have a similar problem with my Dirt Devils when I go to the dunes. Airing the tires down may help but with stiff sidewalls it may not make enough difference. Good mudders do have disadvantages.

Back