• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trail Tank fit issue

nos

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro
i just installed a trail tank on my Nytro and everything went well until I tried to put the hood on. It seems like the hood needs to slide forward another 1/2" in order to get the Dzues fastener in the hole. I have pushed the tank as far forward as possible but still it is short. The two bolts near the seat are preventing the tank from sliding forward any more. Is this a common problem with the trail tank or just my sled? is there anything else I can check that may be in the way of the hood sliding forward that 1/2"?

If the rear bolts are limiting your forward movement, it makes me think the tank is not seated deep enough on the sled. Lowering the front of the tank should free up that 1/2" and let you fasten the hood. It could be hung up on a number of things. Make sure where it wraps around the aluminum bar support is it seated properly and not hung up on a vent hose or anything.

Sent from my pocket computer so excuse my spelling

Just did one on my friends sled last week no issues. We moved the vent line and some wiring to prevent pinching then gave her a good shove forward and the studs were at the end of the slot near the rear where trail tank says in their instructions to have it. I also installed a trail tank on mine a couple years back and no issues a little tight but got her all the way forward.

Pete

Don't fight with the original dzues fasteners, I think you will find they are too short. I got longer ones on all 4 cowl pieces and they work fine. MS

its not the length of the fasteners as much as the holes on the hood not exactly lining up.

My holes dont line up perfect with the centre cowl either. I usually put one hand on the vent by the light and pull the cowl back until the fastener lines up. There is a fair bit of stretch in the plastic. In my case, the stock fasteners were just too short. The long ones really get down in the hole and start threading.
MS

I just put one on mine a couple of days ago, after you double check that nothing is in the way, hit down and forward hard with the palms of your hands on each side of the tank at the same time, it needs to be driven down and forward, that got that little extra for me. I also had to change the vent fitting to a 90 degree elbow because the one you get sticks up to high, and yes you do need to use the longer fasteners that you should have got with the tank. I also used a 1/4 x 5/8 bonded sealing washer part #83424 that I found at Menards that I used with the longer fasteners that make them draw up nice and snug, you'll notice the longer ones are actually kind of loose. Hope this helps.

Anyone have some pics of the newest Trailtank installed, showing how it fits, especially near the seat area? Curious to see if it looks better than mine, the 2nd version.

Back