• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trail tank???

trail tank

Make sure if it is for an 09 you get the newer run of tanks, there are some changes from 08.

Re: trail tank

Cubby's RX-1 said:
twiz28 said:
Make sure if it is for an 09 you get the newer run of tanks, there are some changes from 08.

Thanks for the warning, I just found out I should wait until December for the new run of 09 tanks..........................Cubby

My tank fits fine on my 08 RTX, just don't forget to ask for the o-rings/gaskets, and the heat tape. Some guys have them in stock. Just make sure like the other guy said it is the new style. I got mine straight from Seth at Trailtank to cut out any confusion. Good luck

svo11 said:
what are they changing on the 09 tanks? I'm also looking to order one

From what I understand they will be able to fit the longer sleds. They also didn't originally come with the tape and gaskets, now they do. The newer ones that are available now even fit some boost sytems. I heard the very first ones didn't. There was a guy on ebay selling them, and not telling people that they were the very first ones. That's why I want people to ask whoever they buy them from if they are the newest ones. Ask Seth he is a great help

you only need to worry about the 09 update if you have an MTX...the other models fit just fine, the MTX has an extra cooler in the tunnel other models dont...

atleast that is how I understand it...call Seth he can clear up any issue

mtdream said:
you only need to worry about the 09 update if you have an MTX...the other models fit just fine, the MTX has an extra cooler in the tunnel other models dont...

atleast that is how I understand it...call Seth he can clear up any issue

09 SE here. Tank fits fine. Ran into a problem with the sending unit, o-ring isn't thick enough(gas leak). I even swithched back to the Oem o-rings with no luck. Seth is aware of this and is working on it. Also, where it screws on I had to make two holes larger for it to fit.
Couple minor probs to work on but this tank is the answer.

Hey NLVMAX,
How was the final fit and finish?
Is there a lot to the install?
I have a new RTX SE and would like a larger tank........ I'm still on the fence with ripping apart a new sled that hasn't seen snow yet.

Thanks,
cjz

cjz said:
Hey NLVMAX,
I have a new RTX SE and would like a larger tank........ I'm still on the fence with ripping apart a new sled that hasn't seen snow yet.

Thanks,
cjz

Well the fit is quite tight. But it works. Lots of people have got this tank installed now and are happy. I haven't finished mine completely. I need a thicker o-ring on the fuel gauge sending unit or i might just use a file.
It really isn't to bad installing. Just take your time and note everything you do. I had the SE taken apart since I got it a month ago. LOL. Zero miles.
Go for it. If you want extra range you need this tank. Call Seth or Ulmer and they will answer all questions.

cjz said:
Hey NLVMAX,

Thanks,
cjz

I have a 2008 MTX and as mentioned before, there were fit problems because of the extra coolant hose. I did get it installed and I am guessing most people would not even notice it was an aftermarket tank.

If you are looking for, or need extra fuel capacity on a short track, this is the only way to go IMO.

Back