• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trail track for 129

Jeff Rueth

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
I have a 18 Winder still stock at this point. What track do people run. I am into winding trail woods riding fast!

If top speed isn't your game, a 1.5 lug would suit you I think. The 1.6 cobra seems to be very popular.

I had the 129 1.6 cobra on a 2107 Sidewinder RTX LE and hated it it spins really easy on hard trails would be great in a snow storm if there was a couple of inches of snow on the trail but it definitely kills the top end plus it way to soft, the lugs roll over I prefer the 1.22 for trail riding good top end and you can’t get any better traction on hard trails then having to run studs and a lot of them !!! Just my two cents hope this helps out!! Oh and I have a TD Tune 270 hp

Groomed hard-pack, higher traffic = icier & harder. IMO - 1.25" Ripsaw 2 with 144 to 192 carbide studs. Probably at least 1.50" studs. I run northern WI groomed hard-pack trails w 1.25" Ripsaw 2 with 192 ea. 1.620" StudBoy Lake Racer carbide-tipped studs mounted on double StudBoy ProLite backers. Works awesome. Long, thin studs penetrate hard, icy surfaces and the ProLite backers also act as miniature paddles if there is softer surface or new snow.

Attachments

• studding2.jpg
    studding2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 51

Back