• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

trailtank install

venturer

Veteran
Looking for opinions on torque settings for mounting trailtank to stud mounts. Assume it would be same as nytro stock tank at 7.2 ft lbs. The nuts will work their way somewhat into the plastic but just concerned about not cracking the plastic. Any idea?

I have never used a torque wrench on a tank nut..and I've had it off 30+ times...hand tighten it.

I tightened mine till they wore through about 3-4 mm of plastic LOL. But if you tighten until the stud is level with the top of the nut you should be fine.

I did the same as you DelgatyXTX, and that is about the same torque as stock tank. Definitely has to be better than hand tight due to the slotted holes for adjusting. The plastic in the holes are pretty thick in the meantime.

venturer said:
I did the same as you DelgatyXTX, and that is about the same torque as stock tank. Definitely has to be better than hand tight due to the slotted holes for adjusting. The plastic in the holes are pretty thick in the meantime.

Lol...why? As tight as you can get by hand is fine...That's how I do my stock tank and it has slotted holes.....ya think tank will go somewhere?

Back