• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TRAVELING ALONG AR0UND 30 MPH & ENGINE DIES--

A

Anonymous

Today I was out getting some miles on my sled[98 miles total]riding around at various rpm near the 6000rpm with some bursts over & watchin the speedo so I can get into the next stage when---the speedo blanked out, power went off,It back fired a couple of times and died.. :(
Checked--kill switch-off/all fuses okay/when I tried the starter with the key,there was a click down by the battery[sort of like when you try to start with a nealy dead battery]--/disconnected the TORS and looped them together- nothing. :? when I got home I checked the battery with a volt meter & it was fully charged.
Any ideas--Will be taking it in tomorrow to the dealers-up untill this happened everything was humming like last years RX1, only better ride.

The verdic was... a faulty seleniod which kept the starter engaged which in turn ran down the battery & killed the engine !!!!!!!!!![apparently this was the third warrior with this faulty selenoid & fried starter] Is this an 04 fault? Anyone else hear of this?
I didn't hear the starter did not disengage/Iguess it is hard to hear with the engine running, but you can bet I will be paying special att'n from now on.

Electrics sudden death

I had the same problem. Cruising through the woods at night. Just before a curve the lights quit. Then the engine back fired two or three times and all went dead.
Unfortunately hit a mogul in the dark and rolled the Warrior. They don't roll too well.
No word yet from the dealer
Have heard of three others with the same electrical problem
One pissed off Limey :cry:

since my episode[the dealer replcaed the battery/selenoid/starter]I've heard there's possiblly a bad batch of selenoids on early warriors.?????

Check your starters!!!!!!!!!!! This is what was left of my warrior when the relay decieded to go nutz.

Attachments

• ty post.JPG
    ty post.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 189

Back