• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trouble re-selling????

altpeet said:
GypsyRoots said:
Well, someone replied to my add and just offered me $2000...

What would you do?

For 2000 dollars? I would mothball it till I could ride again and not give someone the satisfaction of legaly stealing my sled.

Thanks for the reply...

You are right...

It's just that knowing that riding is at least 4 or 5 years away IF EVER, makes keeping the lawn ornament a little harder...

Gosh I miss riding...!!

:Rockon:

RedPhazer said:
Here we go... another TY bitch-fest! Look, if you can't afford the toy then maybe you shouldn't have bought it. Cars, trucks, motorcyles, they all depreciate! You buy it new and drive it off the lot and it's worth half of what you paid in about a year. Look at cars/trucks, if you bought a new Tahoe for $40k a year ago, you'd be lucky to get $20k today. So what makes people think they can spend $6k on a sled and sell it for $4500 a year later... it's rediculous!

Holy cow man take it easy! Gypsyroots has had some serious misfortune with his broken leg besides the machine that is almost worthless now - he only asked a question - he certainly does not deserve your cold remarks. Put yourself in his place for a minute and try some empathy! GR was a regular respected contributor to TY who would give excellent ride reports on treks in Alaska that most of us would not dream of taking alone.

But for depreciation on the VL/Phazer/MP: This is to be expected with all the issues and bad press and people talk. Generally I think that snow machines retain value much better than cars/trucks (at least it seems that way here in NL, Can) but this is a combination of poor economy and a machine with issues. People are trying to sell them used here for $7000 to 8500 - too much $$ when you can still get a new one for last year's price. I'm sticking it out with mine (at least till the warranty runs out) and trying to improve the ride, etc. - hopefully by then the problems will be worked out??

All the best GR,

For the price the market is getting right now, clearly the machine is worth more to you than the market. I'd hold onto it rather than giving it away. Especially if you like the sled...right?

For what it's worth, my cousin bought a brand new 09 Ski Doo Renegade 800R in the fall. Paid something like $9500 and was just laid off. He was hoping to get somewhere in the 7k range just to get rid of the payment, and anyone interested so far was like $6300-$6500. How's that for market value? Ouch! Right now...same sled new out the door is $8300 bucks, and come April 1st the dealer said $7800 out the door pricing. Does that mean a "left over 09" is gonna be like 7k or less in the fall? If so, I might have to head down to my Yammi dealer and steal me one of those fancy XTX's. :o|

Its worth more than what people or a dealer will make you think its worth. New yamaha sleds at the dealer are still hell of alot more than the used unit. There is just too many used owners letting their sled go at a bargain basement price in order to sell. Hold your ground on the price!

When someone wants to make me some type of ridiculous offer I tell them to go buy new! I have seen new Phazers without the engine getting over 2500.00 for it in the lower 48.

Put it on Ebay!!! Make a reserve price and if it doesnt sell you dont have to pay for the 7 day WORLD ADVERTISEMENT. Being in Alaska is the toughest part. But you can get it ship it if you need too.

Good-Luck and dont give it away!!!

getting a fair insurance settlement is just as hard as trying to sell it.

Back