• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trunk bag

kcorleyap

Extreme
Interested in purchasing some type of storage for my phazer. What are others using, any suggestions? Thinking about the rear combination sport trunk. Has anyone tried this? Thanks.

Let's face the fact that the Phazer has little to no storage space at all. I removed that silly tool holder that was mounted on the top of the rear tunnel. What a joke. I could see the strap coming off and the tools getting spread all over the trail, for someone else to find!!!!!

I bought the trunk bag for not only some basic tools and spare belt, but for the girlfriend to have some storage space for the so called "female needs". I pop riveted the quick release clips on the seat frame and I will tell you this----it has NEVER gotten loose or fallen off. Fits the seat like a champ and does not move around either. Highly recommended.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/acces ... etail.aspx

I put that exact same one on my apex but watch it closely I lost a camcorder gps and lunch one day on a trail that had lots of moguls. everything in there gets bouncing around and it opens up the zipper.
My fix was a small bungee cord to hold the zipper closed. luckily i was able to go back and recover the items.

rotax454, do you have any pics of the install? Sure would be nice to see what it looks like on the sled. Thanks.

I got a tank bag and a trunk bag, only plan on using one at a time though except for long trips.. Havent ridden the sled yet so I cant tell ya how i like it when riding , but they look good..

Attachments

• sled bag.jpg
    sled bag.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 148
  • bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    536.6 KB · Views: 116
i have an Extra yamaha trunk bag new in the bag if someone is interested. $50 shipped

Let me know i can get pics

I'd like to see a couple closer shots of the tank bag.
Looks nice. I just have a windshield bag, which is nice, and stays put. I need a little more room for overnighters too.

I would agree with dmelectrician, for a long trip and/or an overnighter, you would want both. My bag and the mounting looks different. I will shoot some pics and post them.

rotax454 said:
Let's face the fact that the Phazer has little to no storage space at all. I removed that silly tool holder that was mounted on the top of the rear tunnel. What a joke. I could see the strap coming off and the tools getting spread all over the trail, for someone else to find!!!!

My sled had the tool kit/ belt storage on the front in the bumper- THAT'S A JOKE!
I got the sled in September and couldn't get it open easily with no snow in it-probally worse packed fully and covered with crap...
I picked up a rear tool kit and have a belt, tools, maps & reggy papers all in it. Hit some pretty rough bumps/ snowbanks and it's never came apart.
If I gotta carry something, I like wearing a backpack- the Phazer is ugly enough, seat & saddle bags just aren't to my looks I guess... to each their own. ;)!

I bought that combination bag used on Ebay recently. In Yamaha blue/black of course.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/acces ... etail.aspx

It fits on the phazer great and I can't wait to use it for an overnighter!

I have always had the tank bag on since new. That is probably the best daily-use bag made for the phazer. You can get belt and tools in the bag as well has wallet, camera, hat etc. The map pocket is just a bonus and it is not in the way to drive or fill with gas.

For reference, I was able to test capacity of the new combination saddlebags with the big blizzard that just hit the Fargo Moorhead region. We were forced to make a liquor store run in the middle of it on sled! I was able to fit a 1.75 bottle of Morgan in either side pocket! That, my friends, is functional luggage!

I put a set of saddle bags on my 07 gt phazer work very well, however last year on the last ride it was 50 degrees outside and with my tunnell closed off I actually melted the bottom of my fenders off. I did lenghten the tunnell for my 136 track and used the mountain shovel bag and used a exhaust turn out to point the exhaust up and out. That shovel bag works great as well I keep it mounted all the time and the saddle bags only for trips. I also have the winshield bag and a handle bar bag mounted at all times. Plenty of storage overall and good to go!!!!!!!

Back