• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trying snowtrackers. Toe out adjustment?

srxrob

Veteran
Hi guys
I am finally going to try the snowtrackers I bought last year. I am going to do a ski alignment and I thought I read so we here that the trackers work well with 0 toe in/out. Is this correct?
Thanks

that is correct, "It is very important to align your skis at «0 degrees opening» (parallel skis), do not rely on alignment of origin of the snowmobile. Certain snowmobiles are not at 0 degrees;" first line in the instructions

Here is an idea that works well for Anti Darting!

Attachments

• 100_7110.jpg
    100_7110.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 257
BTW you should have just a little toe out.
That way when going forward the slack in the steering will allow the skis to be straight..in the long run you want them straight when moving.

I usually put a strap across the ski tip's and set to 0.

Mine are Stainless Steel and they work fantastic! No darting at all!

Bob. I have seen that before on TY. They look like mini snowtrackers. Glad to hear they work well. Did you make them yourself?

Use a 4 foot level across the saddles with your sled on the ground. I disconnected the tie rod ends and left my sled on movers so the skis could pivot. I used some quick clamps to clamp the level to the saddles. Make sure your handle bars are straight. Then adjust the tie rod ends until they fit thru the ski arms.
I tried mine straight and then came back and put each side 1/2 turn out so the skis are very slightly toed out.
Took a ride the other night and sled felt very good. PM me if you need pics of what I am talking about.

They are 1" SS Pipe cut less than 1/2, closer to 1/3 down the length and cut at about a 45 degree angle at both ends, with holes drilled for the first 2 mounting holes so they are held on by the carbide studs, the holes have to be large enough for the base of the stud to pass through. I then used a rotary file to recess them into the ski so the carbides fit properly. I had them on my 04 Warrior for about 5 years and they did not show any wear to speak of. I put about 10 K miles on them and the friend that bought the Warrior from me loves them too! I now have them on my 11 Apex. Here is another idea that works well for lubrication and cooling. I made these out of Stainless also.

Attachments

• 100_7109.jpg
    100_7109.jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 249
Snow trackers 08 apex ltxgt

Just put snow trackers on my sled and it is the best money I have spent....bought tuner skies and was not happy.. Put the snow trackers on my stock skies and wow finally no darting huge difference well worth the money..

I'm still struggling tying to get my apex to not have ski lift in the corners with the aggressive trackers. I also read today just doing a google search on snow trackers, that the manufacturer recommends taking most of the weight off the front end as well as making the skis 0 degrees.

Where are you guys running your limiter strap with the trackers? Mine is set 4th tightest out of 5. I'm wondering if I loosen the limiter a couple of holes if that will let the front end slide just a bit more so I don't get the ski lift in the corners that i'm getting now. Just a theory, but i think it's grabbing too much, making the sled tippy.

Thoughts?

Firecat_Freak said:
I'm still struggling tying to get my apex to not have ski lift in the corners with the aggressive trackers. I also read today just doing a google search on snow trackers, that the manufacturer recommends taking most of the weight off the front end as well as making the skis 0 degrees.

Where are you guys running your limiter strap with the trackers? Mine is set 4th tightest out of 5. I'm wondering if I loosen the limiter a couple of holes if that will let the front end slide just a bit more so I don't get the ski lift in the corners that i'm getting now. Just a theory, but i think it's grabbing too much, making the sled tippy.

Thoughts?

Running my strap at the second hole from full loose. Factory position I believe. Transfer rod set to min transfer and a 12mm sway bar. Still get ski lift in the corner but thats they way I like it.
With the inside ski 8-10 inches in the air I find that I corner the best.
Biggest thing you need to remember is that the Trackers will grab in the corner rather than push thru the corner allowing you to carry more speed and thus producing more ski lift. With this increased speed you need to hang your butt off the seat more to keep the sled flat.

Yup, I agree with what you are saying for the higher speed turns. And I can reproduce that. However when I am just cruising and coming into the turns slow I can't keep the skis on the ground either. I am going to let the limiter down like yours and see what changes that makes. It's hard to tune a sled I find. Snow conditions are always changing so you don't know if it's the changes you made or the snow that's making the sled handle the way it is sometimes.

Back